New 18" and 20" All Terrain tires - Page 9
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: New 18" and 20" All Terrain tires

LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR Brimill1234's Avatar

Re: New 18" and 20" All Terrain tires

Quote Originally Posted by rover7 View Post
    They are balanced perfectly and feel smooth as silk up to 100mph (ran out road) haha .
    Mhmmm.... Well I guess we all can't drive like me....
    2013 RRS HSE LUX Santorini black
    QuickSilver Exhaust
    20" Redbourne Nottinghams

I am a professional so please use caution, I may have enjoyed a few cocktails when I told you to go ahead and try this at home...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by rover7 View Post
    Did you ever get your wheels rebalanced? I mounted up my Cooper Zeon LTZs last night and I couldn't be happier. They are balanced perfectly and feel smooth as silk up to 100mph (ran out of road) haha. And they're not noisy at all considering the aggressive tread pattern.
    I haven't yet. hoping to one day this week. seems the steering wheel wobble is the worst around 60mph. definitely not up to par.
    2010 RRS Lux Nara Bronze
    2010 LR4 Premium Alaska White

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob View Post
    frinsan, where have you been buddy? The wheel arches of the Sport do have some extra wiggle room to allow for larger tires than the factory ones without issues other than your speedo / odometer being off proporationately. As a rule of thumb, tires with a total diameter of about 31.5" or less should fit without rubbing on either wheel wells or shocks. Your stock 20" rims are wide enough to take 285/50 tires. If you can live with the speedo telling you are going 60 when you are really going 65, these tires would be a good choice for off roading with a S/C Sport, since 18s aren't an option and nobody seems to make 19s all terrains other than those Wrangler MTRs we cannot get in North America.
    You all seem to talk only about S/C model (= SuperCharged, right?)
    What about other RRS models? For example I have 3.6 Litre Diesel 2009 year model. Will same sized tires (up to 31.5") fit it as well or are there some differences between these models regarding max. tire size?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

New 18" and 20" All Terrain tires

Max wheel diameter on 06-09 sport is 32" and that will have some rub in the rear wheel wells. I believe max width on same trucks is 285. The only limitation between the HSE and SC is rim diameter due to Brembo brakes on the SC which limit the rim to no less than 19". The HSE can accommodate as small as 18" rims.

'06 RRS LUX
    '06 pilot EXL
    '91 4runner
    2006 RRS LUX, Rimini Red, Alpaca leather, 275/65 R18 Terra Grappler G2s, 1.5" lift, RSE, reclining rear seats, Resonator delete (all), SAT

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    I bought a second set Of 18" wheels for my 06 sport hse - and put a used set of 255/60-18 hankook dynapro atm's on ... Road noise , ride and handling not significantly different from my 19" Pirelli scorpion street tires - did an off-road weekend with landrover club and the tires were great - almost no traction loss on sandy, rutted trails - last year on the pirellis I had to get the sand ladders out at least once ....

Only downside I can see is that these are rated 107t versus 112v xl .... As long as you keep speed close to us legal and are not planning to tow or exceed 8000lb loaded weight I think that should be ok ....tire temp after freeway run at 80mph was fine ....

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by MI2VA View Post
    Max wheel diameter on 06-09 sport is 32" and that will have some rub in the rear wheel wells. I believe max width on same trucks is 285. The only limitation between the HSE and SC is rim diameter due to Brembo brakes on the SC which limit the rim to no less than 19". The HSE can accommodate as small as 18" rims.
    Funny, I have same Brembo brakes on 3.6 diesel model, which also limit rim size to min 19".
    But maybe in USA they do it differently...

FORUM MODERATOR

There is an after market solution for S/C or Brembo brake equipped vehicles...you can get the 8x18 Compomotive wheels (UK based), and those will fit. Should be a lot cheaper I should imagine in EU than in the U.S. due to shippping expenses, although you may have to pay higher VAT as well. That's a good alternative.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

FRESHMAN ROVER

I already have 20 inch original Land Rover rims, which came with the car, so I'm not very keen in buying new ones.

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by archangelus View Post
    I already have 20 inch original Land Rover rims, which came with the car, so I'm not very keen in buying new ones.
    No one is forcing you to buy another set of rims - you indicated you were limited to the 19 inch rim, I'm letting you know that there is an alternative available in the 8x18 configuration with Compomotive. Whether you buy them or not is up to you...
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Buying the Compomotives was the best decision I ever made. 2nd was the IIDTool! Well, maybe they're tied

FRESHMAN ROVER

I thought the compomotive 18s would not fit the 2010+ SC?

They won't. They'll fit 2009 and earlier S/C, or 2010+ models without the high-performance brakes, such as the S/C here in North America.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now