Any exhaust sound clips? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Any exhaust sound clips?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    do the big box under the middle, thats what my firend did and to me it sounds amazing.
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

what would you describe the sound like??? I want to do this ASAP but I am worried if there are any adverse effects and worried what the sound would be like... if someone who did it can get a clip that would be amazing, or anyone in la i would love to meet up and hear a clip of it... because so far from my understanding all the aftermarket exhausts are relatively quiet...

in my search for clips, i found this one... its a rr sport s/c with kahn exhaust...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=w-dYGzOWbJk

sounds pretty mean i want mine to be similar to that one..

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

and another comparison between stock s/c and kahn exhaust...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H9Dn0gTDcyw

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpn04coupe
    what would you describe the sound like??? I want to do this ASAP but I am worried if there are any adverse effects and worried what the sound would be like... if someone who did it can get a clip that would be amazing, or anyone in la i would love to meet up and hear a clip of it... because so far from my understanding all the aftermarket exhausts are relatively quiet...
    well from watching the videos of the Kahn exhaust, it sounds alot better. (btw: thnxs pimpn04coupe for posting thoes) I really dont know how to describe it, it sounds like a really good tuned exhuast. When my friend and I took MIArange's car to do it for him and heard the results, our mouths droped to the floor and we were pretty much driving fast for the rest of the day when we had the car. Its really not loud at all, but thats my opinion. its not something you hear like from a 2 blocks away, but you deffinetly hear, it does turn a few heads, and we got alot of compliments about it from random people on the road.

ill try to find a video of somethin sounding similar to it.
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

is there a diagram we can find anywhere of he rr sport exhaust system, maybe like an undercarriage shot, I really want to do the exhaust and i want to do the right thing to it (dont want to take off anything that i shouldnt)...

also, any more soundclips? i really want to pick up an exhaust soon!

btw did you say that the exhaust is louder than kahn, or better? I am assuming you meant louder when you said "better", thanks!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    i cant get a shot from you but its like directly in the middle of the car, its like a pentagon/triangualr shape and probably the size of your torso. and by better i mean louder and literally sounding better
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

JUNIOR ROVER
    GO BORLA.....You wont be dissapointed. Contact Jazzejeff.
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

Quote Originally Posted by
    i cant get a shot from you but its like directly in the middle of the car, its like a pentagon/triangualr shape and probably the size of your torso. and by better i mean louder and literally sounding better
    THANKS i think i am going to go ahead and do it, if a problem arises, i can always weld that piece back on... If i do go this route I definitely want to change the tips to something more aggressive/nice looking than the s/c tips

and prayn4sno, i was actually planning on ordering it from jeff this week, its just that i really am worried that its not loud enough for me, and noone has a clip of the borla...

JUNIOR ROVER
    I thought the same...was unsure too loud, not loud enough and no sound bites to compare it too. It was the guys on this forum who convinced me. No b/s I love the way it sounds, its just right classy low rumble on start up and nice throaty note on hard acceleration. I have the HSE by the way, the S/C may sound different. People I dont know comment on the sound when I pull up to a store or something like that. Good luck with your choice.
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

yea you feel my pain haha, if i had a sound clip or if anyone could make one i would be all in, the price is right, and im local i am literally a phone call away from ordering it its just i need a sound clip, otherwise im going to just try the custom route with the cutting..

You gotta listen to my Overfinch full exhaust before cutting anything. Maybe we can hook up somewhere in L.A. in the next few days, I am usually all over the place for work.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    bring a video camera cause i wanna hear it!
    James A. Cadet

07 Range Rover Sport S/C
    Chawton White

Premium Member
    I really like the sound of the Borla, but it ain't 'loud' by any stretch. In my mind it's 'just right'. Umberto's truck sounds great too.
    I like the idea of just removing that center muffler and saving myself $600 (in lieu of buying the Borla systerm). You could also weld it back on if you're not satisfied.
    Doubtful that Borla would take back your used system if you were unhappy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    You gotta listen to my Overfinch full exhaust before cutting anything. Maybe we can hook up somewhere in L.A. in the next few days, I am usually all over the place for work.
    overfinch = $$$$$$$$$
    umbertob thanks for the offer, I really don't want to spend more than 1k on exhaust and the borla @$900 is just right... i hope someone with the borla can do a sound clip for people to hear, esp before i go and cut my exhaust... thanks all for the responses!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now