Wreck-Blame Canada
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wreck-Blame Canada

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Wreck-Blame Canada

So my ride is no more!!!!!!!!!!!! Some lady from BC ran me off the road and back into her in a round-a-bout here in Bellingham. As far as I can tell it is a write off. So very angry, a little hurt and wanting advice as how to handel getting my ride back or not. The hole front end went over a curb sidways at 15 mph then back down ...jumping into the side of her car. The steering is gone, all wheels toast along with the rims. Can't steer. Front bumper and headlight along with front left quarter gone. Advice?
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    06 Range Sport SC, Java, Big Lemon-gone
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Wreck-Blame Canada

Quote Originally Posted by otoppero
    So my ride is no more!!!!!!!!!!!! Some lady from BC ran me off the road and back into her in a round-a-bout here in Bellingham. As far as I can tell it is a write off. So very angry, a little hurt and wanting advice as how to handel getting my ride back or not. The hole front end went over a curb sidways at 15 mph then back down ...jumping into the side of her car. The steering is gone, all wheels toast along with the rims. Can't steer. Front bumper and headlight along with front left quarter gone. Advice?
    If the insurance company categorizes it as "totalled", they'll give you a check for the current value. If you have gap insurance, you'll get enough to pay off the lien if any. If the police determines that the accident was her fault, you might be able to sue to recoup any missing funds not covered by insurance and gap coverage: i.e., your downpayment. Perhaps a true lawyer could chime in. I'm not really sure about my latter point in no-fault states.

Wow. Sorry, man. I hope she was insured, and wonder if the fact that she is Canadian - surely with Canadian insurance - may somehow make it more difficult for you to settle, eh?

Oh well, good thing you never installed those gull-wing Lambo doors on your car you wanted when you first joined the forum, we told you it wasn't a good idea... Bad joke I know, just trying to cheer you up. Let us know what the insurance co. says, I'm sure they'll want to send someone to survey the damage before determining if it is indeed a writeoff.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

pod
    SOPHOMORE ROVER
    first thing to does is not write "blame canada". WOW , we wonder why everyone else on the planet hates americans. and second theres nothing you can do but wait till your insurance / her insurance calls you to go to step B .

rrs
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    [email protected] CANADA is more like it. beautiful country.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    if you get the vechile back its consider savage!

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Thanks Umberto....it worked. (I just asked if they made them..lol) The Canada thing was a joke too, it is going to CaNaDa to be fixed, if possible and I love sailing thier waters.
    Don't know if it is a write off yet.....maybe tomorrow. Does anybody know the limit (%) of money owed compaired to the repair costs before it is a complete loss or is that per accident thing? Can I tell them I don't want it back?
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

M32
    SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Dang Chris! Sorry to hear about the wreck. I think if the cost to repair the sport is greater than 50% of the fmv, it's considered totaled... but I'm not totally sure.

EDwin

FRESHMAN ROVER
    B.C. has mandaotory insurance just like the rest of Canada so you should be OK. They will total it if: the salvage value of the parts (which should be considerable - especially if the powertrain is ok) plus the cost of repair is more than the replacement cost.

Evenif it cost $25k to fix, I doubt they would total it.

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    first thing to does is not write "blame canada". WOW , we wonder why everyone else on the planet hates americans. and second theres nothing you can do but wait till your insurance / her insurance calls you to go to step B .
    second thing to do is not write 'everyone hates americans'.
    '06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

Custom '03 350Z Track PPW/Nav w/19" Nismo Z34s.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Lighten up guys "Blame Canada"is a joke - a reference to the Academy Award nominated song from the South Park movie. Being Canadian I certainly took no offense. From the song, al ittle advice:

We must blame them and cause a fuss
    Before somebody thinks of blaming us!

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Thanks Edwin... can I buy my rim back . Did you get my IM with the tracking number? Stormer, thanks for pointing out my joke. I thought it was an easy one to get too.
    otoppero
    99 Range 4.6
    99 Range 4.6-sold
    97 Disco I- sold
    00 Disco II-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Stormer
    Lighten up guys "Blame Canada"is a joke - a reference to the Academy Award nominated song from the South Park movie.
    Didn't that song actually win in the end? I still remember the live rendition by Robin Williams during the Awards, it was memorable.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now