Wrap Around Nudge bar
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrap Around Nudge bar

Wrap Around Nudge bar

Does anyone have this & if so would you mind posting a pic? When did this come out? My SA told me last summer there were no plans to provide the sport with any more front protection than that stupid front guard moulding thing.

'06 Java Black on Black FFRR SC
    '06 Cairns RRS HSE Lux (sold)
    '94 D90
    '94 RRC LWB

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

The front brush bar has been available as an accessory since I can remember. It's just not a very popular option, even fully equipped G4s I have seen pictures of don't have it (perhaps because those cars include a front winch and those two accessories may be mutually exclusive.) One of the reasons may be that the bar is not compatible with front PDC sensors (and ACC, if you have it), so those systems would have to be disabled.

Premium Member
    i recent went to a technical presentation by chris wood from ARB. among other things, he talked about how they have bumpers for vehicles with and without air bags. he noted how a bumper for a vehicle with air bags needs to be able to trigger the air bag systems exactly like the stock bumper. i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it too. yet another fancy thing going on in the front that would need to factored in when beefing up the front protection. i can't imagine enough RRS owners asking for this that are also willing to potentially give up PDC, ACC, what have you.

does anyone even know how much protection the front brush bar offers?
    2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White Defender 90 SW #317/500
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

pod
    SOPHOMORE ROVER
    i have the bar , and will try and post up some pics later. as umbertob said,, u have to disable the front sensors and the cruise control thing if u have it, i didnt have it so not much to worry about as i hear that unit thing is expensive. I'm looking to get somone to look at an option of getting the winch installed with the bar ( cutting of the front bar will be a must.................) and not sure if they can do that as somone mentioned air bags going off correctly. and as somone else asked how much protection it provides, its mainly there for looks, I doubt even one of us really need a brush bar. but it would be good for bicycles, shopping carts... nothing to extreme as it would just bend the metal, im rambling so ill stop now

Ah, the parking sensors. Maybe, that's why my SA said there were no other options for the bumper.

The automobile industry has always maintained that front bars affect airbags. IMHO, it's more legal posturing.

'94 D90
    '94 RRC LWB

FORUM MODERATOR
    Nice expedition rack there Pod!
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    i recent went to a technical presentation by chris wood from ARB. among other things, he talked about how they have bumpers for vehicles with and without air bags. he noted how a bumper for a vehicle with air bags needs to be able to trigger the air bag systems exactly like the stock bumper. i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it too. yet another fancy thing going on in the front that would need to factored in when beefing up the front protection. i can't imagine enough RRS owners asking for this that are also willing to potentially give up PDC, ACC, what have you.

does anyone even know how much protection the front brush bar offers?
    Not sure what the quality of these guards are but, every LR I (or my family) have ever owned have had Brush Guards, in fact I was so astonished that a LR could even come without it. That was part of its rugged nature. Obviouly LR is becoming a little less rugged (just a little) , because now brush bars seem to be obsolete on all of its new models.

Also, I swear by front brush guards, especially (ironically) in an urban environment. Every truck/SUV, LR or not, I have ever owned has had a front brush guard & they prevent the majority of the common impacts one faces. It has been shown that a high speed head-on impact will crumple the guard & trigger the airbags, as evidenced by several crash tests.

It would have been really nice if they could have integrated the sensors with a real brush guard.

'94 D90
    '94 RRC LWB

pod
    SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01
    Nice expedition rack there Pod!
    thanks,

yeah drdread, its a little sad that LR is straying from there true nature to please more of the non-adventurous side with huge rims and the like, i do what i can to make mine "non-gansta" , but to each there own

the quality on mine seems top notch and solid, not sure how much i paid as im sure it was a ripoff , but i guess were gonna have to see later down the road if we end up with some rustys

with the sensors thing, to be honest , if you've driven a car before you know how to use your distance to park your car, i've never driven with it and i fell im not misisng out on anything, if people need sensors to drive a car, then mabye somone shouldnt buy a 60k + car , by that lexus thing that parks its self!

Quote Originally Posted by pod
    with the sensors thing, to be honest , if you've driven a car before you know how to use your distance to park your car, i've never driven with it and i fell im not misisng out on anything, if people need sensors to drive a car, then mabye somone shouldnt buy a 60k + car , by that lexus thing that parks its self!

I hear you. Unfortuantely my car already had them, with the pathetic plastic guard thing. I bet outside of an urban environment I bet they are barely used by the avg driver.

I am sure if I had those real brush guards I would not have sustained any significant damage when I wiped out.

I bet my wife woul dhave passed her parallel parking on the first try with them though. :P

'94 D90
    '94 RRC LWB

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Wrap Around Nudge bar

Bump. Is the nudge bar available for the 2010? Does it really require disabling the Parking sensors?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarvis
    Bump. Is the nudge bar available for the 2010? Does it really require disabling the Parking sensors?

Thanks,
    This?
    https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/vie...=34921&start=0

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FORUM MODERATOR

Thanks,

I've got a spare new one in the garage for 06-09 models. It's yours for $100 plus shipping if you find it fits the 10 model. It has one slight nick in it, I bought it from LR Flatirons Colorado a few years ago, but never installed it.

Let me know if interested...
    PJPR

I doubt the 06-09 nudge bar will fit the heavily revised front bumper of a 2010. These are all the currently available accessories for the 2010 Sport (off the UK site, on the LRUSA site we are still stuck in 2009 mode as far as accessories are concerned...): http://www.landrover.com/gb/en/rr/range ... cessories/

FRESHMAN ROVER

Thanks,

I've got a spare new one in the garage for 06-09 models. It's yours for $100 plus shipping if you find it fits the 10 model. It has one slight nick in it, I bought it from LR Flatirons Colorado a few years ago, but never installed it.

Let me know if interested...
    If you are still looking to unload that Brush bar, Let me know. I'll gladly take it off your hands for $100+shipping. I see you live in Houston, I might even be able to swing in from Austin to pick it up.

FORUM MODERATOR

Calvin,

I do indeed still have it and you are more than welcome to come pick it up if you are in town...shoot me a PM and we can work out the logistics.

Thanks!
    PJPR

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now