Squeaking Chirping Noise when going over bumps (Passenger Side - Front)
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squeaking Chirping Noise when going over bumps (Passenger Side - Front)

FRESHMAN ROVER

Angry Squeaking Chirping Noise when going over bumps (Passenger Side - Front)

Hi there,

I have had this annoying chirping squeaking noise after Land Rover replaced a wheel bearing. It happens I go over bumps. It is without a doubt on the passenger side and coming from the front. At first I was told it was the lower left control arm but I have had that fixed and that got rid of the knocking noise when I turn however the chirping squeaking noise is still there and very annoying. When I am at normal ride height it makes the noise when I go over bumps. When I set the height to off road it squeals non stop when I drive, regardless of bumps. When I set it at access height it still makes the noise when I go over bumps but a lot softer. It's on the passenger side on the front. I was told by Land Rover that it is the Roll Bar or as we call it in South Africa, the ACE Actuator. Obviously they simply want to replace the whole part instead of fixing the bushings on it's own. Do you think that is what is making the noise? Any tips would be appreciated

Here is the video of the noise.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Squeaking Chirping Noise when going over bumps (Passenger Side - Front)

Second problem that started happening today. When selecting "off road" height it takes forever and then 30 seconds into it it starts making the noise in the video. It never seems to go all the way up to set at "off road" mode. I am so over this car. First the wheel bearing at to be replaced and then the knocking sound started and then the chirping sound. What else?!?

Here is the sound I am talking about :

That sounds awful. I know next to nothing about the disconnectable roll bars system on the RRS, but it is expensive to fix. The slow height adjustment indicates that you have an air delivery issue and it would not be crazy that you have an air leak causing the squealing noise in both cases, and at least in the second case. Are you losing height after the car is parked for a while?

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

There is definitely air escaping and after catching a technician at Land Rover he looked quickly and said the air spring might be the culprit. According to him the reason it is so slow to go up and sometimes not even go up all the way is due to air escaping, the air compressor also throws the "too hot" warning which means air is escaping and it's working extra hard. To be honest I have already spent so much money on this issue and it seems to just get worse. Taking it to the dealer will cost money again and instead of fixing the small issue they probably want to replace an entire part because it's easier for them. I am still clueless and annoyed!

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey View Post
    That sounds awful. I know next to nothing about the disconnectable roll bars system on the RRS, but it is expensive to fix. The slow height adjustment indicates that you have an air delivery issue and it would not be crazy that you have an air leak causing the squealing noise in both cases, and at least in the second case. Are you losing height after the car is parked for a while?

GTR

Did you fix this? Diagnosis? Some say it is just a bushing for the anti roll bar and a cheap fix? Was that the problem?
    2010 RRS S/C

I would love to get an update here too. I have the exact same 'chirp' going over any type of bump and I am back at the dealership on Monday for another go at a 'Suspension Fault' issue and plan on having them look at the chirping as well. Thanks.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Techbanker View Post
    I would love to get an update here too. I have the exact same 'chirp' going over any type of bump and I am back at the dealership on Monday for another go at a 'Suspension Fault' issue and plan on having them look at the chirping as well. Thanks.
    Same noise here, what did the dealership come up with ?

Eish my rrs2013 just started doing the same this afternoon
    Thought I would take her for a spin and hammer it out of her - bad move - terrible control
    I just had the air suspension and bushes replaced - why why why ;(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now