XMSirius: It is Going to Happen
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XMSirius: It is Going to Happen

FRESHMAN ROVER

XMSirius: It is Going to Happen

Both companies have their lobbyists in Washington in full swing. ('') This differs from DirecTV and DISH merger, because it would have been nearly impossible for a new satellite company to negotiate with all the different cable and broadcast channels, launch multiple full time sats, and get people to switch. With Sat Radio, you dont have to negotiate with suppliers, you have you own (i.e.,Stern, Oprah, etc, which are exclusive to XMSirius), a new company dont have to launch new sats to get into the business, and there is still Free AM/FM/HD Radio

The FCC will allow it to happen, but what they will probably do is make sure that XMSirius (my suggested new company name, placing bets) cannot block a new company from entering the market. So what will probably happen is all those XM and Sirius Radios in cars, homes, and handheld, will have to be an 'open' standard for the next company to launch. This way consumers will have the ability to 'choose' and not be locked into XMSirius only. (We Win). ('')

And dont think that another company cant/wont come along. As soon as XMSirius is headed towards Black, you will have two or three companies new launch. There are full time birds in the sky that can currently send music easily right now, so that new ones wont have to be launched. Every major media company have full time birds already, and what makes a company like DirecTV or DISH from entering the Sat Radio market, or have a 'new' company comes through one of the two. DirecTV is currently sending XM into my house, but they could repartner with Music Choice, AOL, or even Apple. Not to forget, Ford, DMChrysler, Nissan, Audi, BMW, Toyota, Honda isnt going to sit back and watch GM make all the money off the Sat Radios in their vechicles, ('') which is why Sirius is in the RRS and not XM (which GM own a part of, or did, through the hughes division).

Just buy some stock, sit back and enjoy. ('') And if they start raising rates, just cancel your subscription, and dont look back. HD Radio is going to change the 'game' even more.

P.S. Placing my order for my RRS Java Black on Black on 3/3 (my Bday ''). Will keep you all posted

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Oh I forgot, Add WAL-MART to the list of companies that may jump into the Sat Radio business........('')

Premium Member
    Yay.
    I think.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now