Range Rovers Forum banner

Xenon bulb replacement

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  vesurover 
#1 ·
What happens if the bulb goes out? It it an easy replacement? I wonder if the Active Lighting makea a difference.

#3 ·
Hopefully they will never just go out, they cost a small fortune and are supposed to last forever, or at least a lot longer than regular halogens. But they should come off and install pretty much the same way as regular bulbs (remove cover, unplug electrical connector, remove clip, reverse), except that you need to be a lot more careful with electrical connections due to potential for hair raising 20,000+ volt shocks (wear rubber gloves!), and since they are gas charged, it wouldn't ba a bad idea to wear eye protection when handling the xenon bulbs.

Adaptive Headlights is way, way, way, waaaay overhyped technology IMHO. You do get to see your headlights do a little self-check dance when you first turn them on: Up, down, in and out and back in, which is kinda cool. That's pretty much the only visible advantage in having them. Despite the commercials on TV, you won't spot that family of rabbits crossing the country highway around the corner in the middle of the night any sooner than you would with fixed HIDs. You'll run over the poor little bastards regardless. :wink: Plus, the system may actually introduce some annoying vibrations in the headlights beam pattern as you drive over bumps or irregular roads (I can see these vibrations but I find them to be minimal and they don't bother me, but other owners have reported them as being excessive, some have even been flashed by oncoming traffic!) So, if you don't have AH, you're not missing much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.