Winter Yokohama Iceguard IG51V
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter Yokohama Iceguard IG51V

FRESHMAN ROVER

Winter Yokohama Iceguard IG51V

Anyone had these winter tires on the RRS? Experience/opinion? It's not on the "approved" list, is that a problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Winter Yokohama Iceguard IG51V

Nobody replied, so I might do this myself. Had the Yokos installed last week ($1200 for the tires plus installation/balancing). We had a very good snowfall in Toronto over the weekend basically it's still snowing. Even the highways are still mostly snow covered this morning. These tires are great! They have real bite. I basically cannot make them slip in snow under normal conditions. I'm also impressed with the snow&gravel program of the RRS - pretty much impossible to get the tires spinning while accelerating. This and the Yokos seem to be a good combination.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi, I've just purchased my first RRS HSE with 19" rims and need a winter tire. I live in the PNW and make weekly ski trips so wanted something a little better than the current S+M rated tires.

How have you found these Yokohama iceGuard iG51v tires, are they a very soft rubber and not suitable for summer use? I'm trying to find a tire I can keep on their but that has reasonable wear.

thanks for any input

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Sorry, I cannot really answer that question. They are great in the snow and mud, but I had removed them during the summer.

'16 Range Rover TD6 British Racing/Aintree Green
    '13 RRS HSE Indus Silver

I just bought a set myself. I cant wait to put them on and test them out. Thanks for the review. No snow yet in Boston but it is very cold!

SOPHOMORE ROVER

i m driving since 2005 on Nokian Tires. The best winter tires is the Nokian. Close your eyes and buy nokian. In Asia we have too much ice, snow on highways i tested several marks. Good year very poor in winter, in summer. Dunlop not bad, Michelin is good but little expansive. If you want to drive safe with your family buy Nokian. For summer tires Michelin or Pirelli. But for winter nokian is the only solution for safe driving

Rob - most folks who want a good "all weather" tire that they can drive year round, but have a winter mountain\snow flake is the Nokian WRG3. Check it out. The GY Adventure and Cooper AT3 are also good, but not available in Land Rover sizes.
    2016 Suburban - Z71, Lux, Ent, Borla cat-back. 275/65-18 Nokian Rotiiva's AT's
    2017 Cayman 718 - Manual w/ 18" Boxster wheels
    2008 FFRR HSE - Conti AT's, Hawk LTS pads with EBC Ultimax\Stoptech slotted rotors
    2008 RRS S/C Black/Alpaca/Zebrano - gone
    2009 Cayenne GTS Manual -gone (GT3 of SUVs)
    2006 LR3 SE V8 Black/Black - Remember when leases were $535 a month with $0 down
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157624134675338/

FRESHMAN ROVER

thanks for the info, I'll look at those Nokian Tires

FRESHMAN ROVER

I ran the Parelli Scorpion snow tires for a few years. Very good tire but I trashed them in a dirt road last spring. They are very soft rubber. I have also had Blizzacks on my tundra. These are the best none studded tires out there for snow and ice IMO. They now come in sizes for our RRS. I'm getting them this winter as soon as the snow gets closer. Also very soft rubber so not dirt road rallying on these.
    1997 Defender 90 Coniston Green
    2006 RRS/SC Java Black LUX pkg

JUNIOR ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Noyac View Post
    I ran the Parelli Scorpion snow tires for a few years. Very good tire but I trashed them in a dirt road last spring. They are very soft rubber. I have also had Blizzacks on my tundra. These are the best none studded tires out there for snow and ice IMO. They now come in sizes for our RRS. I'm getting them this winter as soon as the snow gets closer. Also very soft rubber so not dirt road rallying on these.
    So that is what it is. I left the Scorpions on in the summer and drove on a fairly rough gravel and dirt road several times. One after another I had to replace three tires that still had plenty of tread. I wasn't sure if it was bad luck or easily destroyed tires.
    2009 RRS S/C

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now