Pictures of the Supercharged model I drove
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pictures of the Supercharged model I drove

FRESHMAN ROVER

Pictures of the Supercharged model I drove

We all like to see some pics so enjoy. This was Zambezi/ebony with lined oak trim and side steps. This is also a 1st edition model so has the 20" Stormer Alloys .

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER
    RR, It looks much better in silver with privacy glass than it does in black.
    I like the neat way that LR have styled the running boards/ side steps to also protect the door spoilers............ you may not want to take yours off road but the spoilers were one thing I felt would be very vulnerable offroad, even if they are made of soft foamy material and very resilient.
    The front bib spoiler also appears to be lower than on my TD6, hopefully LR have made the Sport's spoiler easier to remove prior to offroading than that on it's big brother which requires a screw driver and mallet to remove and replace. Admittedly mine has only been removed once and since then it has stayed in place and not suffered any damage.............. and boy have I tried to damage it!

At the Scottish Offroad Driving Centre

Winter trip in the Scottish Mountains
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

FRESHMAN ROVER
    In all the years my family have been off roading on our shoot and on the Scottish moors, I've never seen a front spoiler get ripped off. I've seen side steps get bent and mudflaps ripped off though.

The side steps on the RRSS above are optional but I think they add a nice finisher to the door sills.
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    RRUK,
    I used to own an M5 like you currently have so am very interested in your thoughts about the RRS supercharged after you drove it. Any chance of a 'review'?
    Bish
    RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with PTI; RSE; Rear Diff Lock and Sirius

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by thebishman
    RRUK,
    I used to own an M5 like you currently have so am very interested in your thoughts about the RRS supercharged after you drove it. Any chance of a 'review'?
    Bish
    Bish, as you will know, there are few cars out there that can match the M5's sheer pace and grace. Nice though the Range Rover 4.4 petrol is, it's no speed demon and despite being MUCH improved, it still rolls a lot I would say. It was good being able to drive on of those and then the RRSS back to back. Getting in the RR reminded how you sit on it rather than feel you are in it, you feel quite perched up high and I'm sure after owning it for a while, I'd feel like I was more part of the car.

However, when you sit in the RRS, you instantly feel enclosed, wrapped up in its cockpit, the highsided centre console and dash really envelope you and adds to the feeling that you are 'commanding' the vehicle rather than moving it around.

In terms of the way it drives, it's still not M5 territory, as the dynamics of he car dictate. However, it feels stuck on the ground and not all wallowy like a normal RR. It feels planted, stable and firm. The engine is smooth and quiet, and when you press on and the Supercharger comes into play, the whizz/whine noise coupled with the throat of the V8 is pure addiction alone. Absolutely superb. It was that more than anything that made me want the supercharged over the normal petrol.

Finally, it's a LandRover product than CAN go offroad and hold its own against RR's and Discoveries, yet can also blast along the road at considerable pace. It's lovely having the ability to punch ahead of other traffic with comparitive ease and therefore safety.

I don't really need the full size of a normal RR and the more compact RRSS is just right for me, I can carry 5 people if I need to, but most of the time when it's just me and the wife it's brilliant, with great load carrying ability.

The stopping power of the Brembo brakes is as you would expect and I think with the Dynamic Response pack on the Supercharged version, you really do feel like you in a more conventional car rather than a ripsnorting V8 four wheel drive.

If there is any aspect in particular you'd like to know about that I can remember let me know!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Only just noticed that the side repeaters are in the doors not in the front wings.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    RRUK,
    Thanks for the report; it's just the kind of personal review that I'm interested in.
    I've been fortunate to own a string of high performance cars over the last 10 years, and absolutely love my '03 RR, but do wish it were somewhat more 'sporting' in nature at times; hence my profound interest in the RRS supercharged. There are only three of us in the family, so only seating five is perfect. Further, I occasionally have to tow our boat and trailer which together weigh approximately 5000 lbs, so I need something with the capacity of the RR or new RRS.
    When it's released here in the US, I'll have to take an extensive test drive immediately; bet I end up ordering one.

Did you sit in the back? How would you characterize the amount of room there vs the RR?
    I generally buy Silver as it's so **** easy to keep clean, and I'm too bloody lazy to constantly want to wash the car; did the RRS you drove look good in silver? Any other colours you managed to look at that you'd recommend?
    TIA,
    Bish
    RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with PTI; RSE; Rear Diff Lock and Sirius

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now