OK, so I am orderring one! Supercharged of course...
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OK, so I am orderring one! Supercharged of course...

FRESHMAN ROVER

OK, so I am orderring one! Supercharged of course...

After the test drive yesterday and feeling the difference back to back with a RR 4.4 vogue I (and my wife) became convinced that the RR Sport with the 4.2 Supercharged engine was the way to go. I think we'll both be happier driving it long-term than a normal Range Rover (which I still adore)

But, after the power of the M5, having a slightly smaller Range Rover with more modern 'younger' styling AND nearly 400bhp in a V8 engine with a gorgeous whine of the Supercharger...it's a decision that was never going to take much thought.

Tomorrow then I am to ring round all my local-ish dealers and see who could get me one soonest. If anyone knows a dealer where they can get rapid build slots let me know!

In the meantime, I still have to sell my M5, and still going to get a RR Vogue 4.4 for the time being as I'll need it until my RRS turns up, which will probably be about December from what I can gather.

In terms of spec I think I am going to go for Bonatti Grey with full Ebony sports leather, standard 20" sports wheels, and just undecided right now about the Cherry wood or Rodium finish, as the one I drove yesterday had the 1st Edition Lined Oak. I think I'll go for colour coded door mirrors and door sills too, and privacy glass (I've always wanted a car with Privacy glass) However, looking at the colour charts I also like the Zambezi Silver, Buckingham Blue (need to see this on a car not in a picture) and Java Black. I guess I have until 12 weeks prior to delivery to decide anyway.

I was suprised to be told you cannot spec a TV tuner in the RRS, (is this true?)apparently so as to keep some differentiators between it and the normal RR. But, DVD screens in the seats come as standard.

You could say I feel like a dog with 2 tails right now, it's lovely thinking about having such an awesome car, AND brand new too. (another first for me)

Brilliant!
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Congratulations on the purchase decision. I am exactlyin the same boat as you, although I am still undecided on color! And in my country the dealer doesn't have any yet. I am also considering the Bonatti Grey, although I might opt for the lighter interior (every car I've had has had black leather and I'm getting bored). The big deal breaker for color might be the stormer wheels. If they only come on the Orange, Silver, or black, then I might opt for the orange. I'm only 27 and if I don't drive a car with a cool, young color now, I never will. All my past cars have been silver or black....every one of em!!! I am also considering the black wood finish, although I'm unsure about the availability.

BTW, does anyone have any picture of a SUPERCHARGED bonatti brey sport?? I've seen one or two of the non-sport, but I would like to see how the 'chrome' grill and larger wheels would look. I am quoted a July production with October deilvery for me, what about you?
    2006 Range Rover Supercharged (java/ivory)
    2006 Range Rover Bonatti Grey / sand (for sale)
    2003 MB CLK 55 AMG
    2002 MB G500 (chipped)
    2001 MB CLK 430 BRABUS / designo
    2000 MB CLK320

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Sammy,

technically, you can only have the Stormer wheels on one of the 1st edition vehicles, which, unless you ordered one last year, you're unlikely to get. Having said that, I have seen a second hand L322 with 20" Stormer wheels on, so I'm sure the dealer's can get them. Plus, Tim had his TDV6 HSE with the Supercharged grille and badges.

Vesuvius Orange is only available on the 1st edition models too.

I just saw a black one today and I don't think it does the body shape any justice, and Silver WILL become very common, because all of the marketing material shows silver (as it does not date) so lots of people will be influenced by that and buy one.

I also saw a Bonatti grey L322 at the same time and although the colour isn't striking in any particular way, it's also quite classic I think, and in 3 years time when it's time to sell it on, it will be an easy colour to get rid of without losing too much money.
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Does anyone have a reasonable picture of Buckingham Blue? I'm wondering what that would like, on either a RRSC or a Sport.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    What about Tonga Green people? I have yet to see one on the internet. I have always thought that the Epsom Green looked amazing on an RR, and I have the feeling Tonga is very similair. Is it true that only a limited number of 1st editions have already been manufactured, OR is it just a matter of 2005s having the 1 st year option, meaning that you can still order one as long as it's a MY 2005?
    2006 Range Rover Supercharged (java/ivory)
    2006 Range Rover Bonatti Grey / sand (for sale)
    2003 MB CLK 55 AMG
    2002 MB G500 (chipped)
    2001 MB CLK 430 BRABUS / designo
    2000 MB CLK320

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammydtd
    Is it true that only a limited number of 1st editions have already been manufactured, OR is it just a matter of 2005s having the 1 st year option, meaning that you can still order one as long as it's a MY 2005?
    You are too late to order one new. I asked. They have all been allocated.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    In Belgium you have to wait a year when you order a RRSport petrol version.
    RR 3.9 Vogue SE
    RR 2.5 DSE Holland & Holland
    Discovery 300TDI

FRESHMAN ROVER

It is Done!

Well, I've done it.

Have placed an order for my Bonatti Grey Supercharger. Ebony Interior with Rodium finish.

Build completion date September 17th 2005.

****...now I have to wait!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now