TDV6 First Impressions
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TDV6 First Impressions

FRESHMAN ROVER

TDV6 First Impressions

Took delivery 3 days ago of Bonatti Grey HSE TDV6 having traded in X5 3.0d. RRS is smoother and rides better but X5 handles better and feels more planted. Specifying Dynamic Response (standard on Supercharged model) might have reversed this advantage. BMW better interior quality and you appear to get more for your money from the Germans (which can't have been said too often). I paid £49600 for the X5 in November 02 and this included items like Parked Car Heating, Heated Streering Wheel, Rear Seat Electric Recline, Comfort Seats, Electric Steering Wheel adjustment, Rear Window Blinds, Tracker, in fact every extra with the exception of Double Glazing, Sliding Load Tray and a Tow Bar. The Range Rover Sport I ordered does without any of the above yet cost £49200! The only thing the RRS has that the X5 didn't is the centre console cool box and the Rear Seat Entertainment system (which, incidentally is very good and far more versatile than the aftermarket system I had fitted to the X5 but comes at the cost of rear ashtrays - an omission I have never seen before in a 4 door car. I suppose what I am paying for is the undoubted off-road superiority which I have never really felt the need for here in central London but am determined to take advantage of if one of you could direct me to a group of adventurers.

Incidentally, experienced first problems yesterday when various warning lights and messages came up relating to suspension and electric parking brake (six lights and three messages in all) while driving through Camden Town. All warning lights were amber and car seemed unaffected albeit most of the rest of the day was in London's usual urban crawl. Booked in with dealer next Tuesday 1 day short of a week from delivery. Counterpoint? X5 did something similar a couple of weeks after delivery. The penalties of being an early adopter (read Guinea Pig)?
    Bonatti Grey RRS TDV6 HSE moving from BMW X5 3.0d and Merc ML320

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Cooler box and RSE should be no problem since I have them both on my TDV6 HSE. Even so I am reading elsewhere about things customers have that I was never given an opportunity to order so it is entirely possible that spec is changing even now.

Was offered £27500 initially at which point I reserved the right to attempt to sell privately. Unfortunately had to settle for £25000 on trade-in for a '52 plate X5 3.0d with 41000 miles and extras totalling over £16000.
    Bonatti Grey RRS TDV6 HSE moving from BMW X5 3.0d and Merc ML320

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER
    Just taken delivery of mine today at 6pm.
    Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s, this thing makes the TD6 RR sound like an old cart horse with bronchitis! It is soooooper smooth and so quiet for a diesel it is unbelievable.
    Nearly caused a pile-up on the M9 as I pulled out of the slip road onto the motorway to come home......... the guy blatting along in an Izusu Trooper must have realised what he was seeing and slowed right down in the outside lane to run parallel to me and eye it up......... with about 10 cars behind him all hooting their horns with frustration. When he pulled ahead of me they all came up alongside to have a view too! NEVER had so much attention in my life!
    It is so nice that I took the long route home - 45 miles instead of 16, through the Trossachs!
    It is beautiful and much better tied down than the RR. You don't sit so high up and you feel much more like you are driving something like an Mazda MX5 with a wide bonnet.
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Nice one Tim. I heard the TDV6 being started up at the showroom today and moved around, it DID sound very quiet and smooth compared to the diesels I have heard.

Tell me, did you spec the removable tow bar option at about £400? I was told if you have it done later it costs nearly £900!!

They all seem to have the hole underneath the tailgate in readiness for it.
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER
    It is a dealer fit accessory and yes I have the removable one but the hook has still to be delivered, the wiring looom and subframe is all there, just no hook. Most Landies have tow bars so they build most of the bits in on the line
    so it save on labour at the dealer for the customer. The L322 RR has one that has a complete bolt on subframe that has an Amercian type square receiver that is acceptable in all markets. I wnated the drop plate type hook on the Sport but it is not removable like the one I had on the TD6 and looks really ugly sticking out the back. the removeable on on the sport has a plastic blanking piece in the rear bumper to hide the receiver.
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

FOUNDING MEMBER

Re: TDV6 First Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by Toodeep
    I suppose what I am paying for is the undoubted off-road superiority which I have never really felt the need for here in central London but am determined to take advantage of if one of you could direct me to a group of adventurers.
    If you want to get it muddy just drop me a PM. Probably best bet is an off-road site, although you can do some green laning on Salisbury Plan or Suffolk/Norfolk without getting it scratched.

Also, if you have the time to travel down there, i would recommend that you do your experience drive at Eastnor. Also pay the extra fee to make it a full day not just the free half day.

Cheers

Steve

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now