UK Waiting list...
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UK Waiting list...

FRESHMAN ROVER

UK Waiting list...

Ok, so if you wanted one today, how long are your local dealers saying you'd have to wait for say, a 4.4 HSE or a TDV6 HSE?

Mine said October, but I see Tim has walked into his dealer and bought one straight off the floor....

Confused of Leicestershire
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FOUNDING MEMBER
    I think its the usual as with most new cars..dealers bought some for stock and will sell them at full list. If you want to order one it'll be October but they'll say no discount 'cos its a new model.

They are a few about tho' and loads have been pre ordered so wait a few months and I'm sure there will be a deal to be had as with the L322 Range Rover.

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER
    I took the TD6 in, liked the RR Sport and did the deal on the spot. Mind you it probably helps that it is the 6th Land Rover vehicle I have bought from that dealer. The SE I have bought was supposed to be destined to be their demo car. Now the V8 Supercharged they have on the floor will become the managing directors car and be available for demos. The dealer I use has taken nearly 40 deposits against cars so there will be some unhappy folks if they find out I walked in off the street and took away the TDv6! Some models are easier to get than others. But if you want to order factory fit extras (I would have liked the optional locking rear diff and the Dynamic Response) but the wait is about 6 months for orders placed now, depending on colour and spec.
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    My dealer told me that they have placed order for 43 RRS so far. But they have not taken the second stage deposits on most of those, and that when the build date and spec become certified they expect a number of those orders to drop out, bumping everyone else up the Q.

Much as I'd like one right now, the sensible money in me says buy a Range Rover in the short term, then in maybe 6 months/12 months time, if I am still interested, look at the newly second hand market for one then. We bought my wife's car new last year and boy, it's hard accepting the fact you take such a hit on the depreciation. I'd rather let someone else buy one (probably their first Land Rover product and they THINK they want one) drive it for a while, decide they don;t like it anymore and go back to their BMW's or Mercedes, and then I step in and get a good deal!!
    2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 : Stornoway/Jet, RSE DVD, Hybrid TV, Privacy Glass

FRESHMAN ROVER

RRS Delivery

Ordered Bonatti Grey HSE TDV6 in March, took delivery 3 days ago, instruments warned of various suspension faults yesterday (HDC Fault, Special Programs (trick suspension) not working, electric parking brake faulty). Car appears to work okay but booked into dealer next Tuesday although service engineer didn't inspire confidence (Quote - "It'll be the first I've seen."). Interestingly had similar experience with new X5 twin axle self levelling three years ago. Planned to change wheels to something more substantial than standard 19" this weekend but held off lest dealer blames fault on non-standard rims. BMW tried to blame its problems on 10x22" Anteras (without success). Also, no handbook supplied for SatNav or for Bluetooth telephone facility. Dealer had no proper brochures until day car was released. Most accessories featured not yet available (or so I'm told). This has all left me with abiding impression car was rushed out and suggest potential buyers wait until teething issues ironed out.
    Bonatti Grey RRS TDV6 HSE moving from BMW X5 3.0d and Merc ML320

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now