[HELP] RRS Sport 2.7 Tuning Box Installation
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [HELP] RRS Sport 2.7 Tuning Box Installation

FRESHMAN ROVER

[HELP] RRS Sport 2.7 Tuning Box Installation

So I bought a tuning box of eBay from a seller who's sold 50+ and has 100% feedback, customer's also wrote that it worked perfect lalala.

But, I am trying to install the box into my 2008 TDV6 2.7 with the sellers instructions but nothing matches up, the connections look different.

Can anybody help me find the common rail sensor where this box is supposed to connect into ( A 3-Pin connector, all I can see are 2 pin connectors )

Here are some pictures,

Currently own: Mercedes e class 06, Nissan GTR 09, RRS 08

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: [HELP] RRS Sport 2.7 Tuning Box Installation

Its nothing we have ever seen in the US . I would suggest if no one steps forward here on this to try the UK RRS site.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

What is this box supposed to do?? I have never heard if a tuning box - remapping the ECU yes as I have had done and it works very well.

As mentioned - I don't believe diesels were sold in the US which is their loss as the diesels are a much sweeter vehicle than the petrols, much more fuel efficient, and more flexible in everyday driving. As said - for diesel related topics you are better off on the RRS-UK site but on other aspects there is lots of information to be found here.

As a general question - were any diesel L320s sold in the US?? While I appreciate static emissions from a diesel are worse than a petrol, given the diesels superior fuel consumption over petrol engines, emmisions per distance travelled are actually less than the V8s.

Cheers

Garry
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well I found the common rail pressure sensor and fitted the box.

After fitting and driving around for 20mins, the turbo lag was non-existent, acceleration feels much more smooth and the car feels noticeably quicker.

I don't know exactly what the box does probably something to do with the timing and how much fuel is injected as that's where it connects ( after the ecu but before the fuel injectors ) but its well worth the 75pounds, I have it on performance/economy right now and its giving me a 3-4 higher mpg.

There are 8 dip switches on the tuner, lowest being economy and higher setting being pure performence, I have it about middle way.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi Glad to hear your happy with your box. I too am having trouble locating the plug but on a TDV8 2007 RRS does anyone know which plug is the common rail plug ? Thanks

Richard

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by galactic View Post
    Well I found the common rail pressure sensor and fitted the box.

After fitting and driving around for 20mins, the turbo lag was non-existent, acceleration feels much more smooth and the car feels noticeably quicker.

I don't know exactly what the box does probably something to do with the timing and how much fuel is injected as that's where it connects ( after the ecu but before the fuel injectors ) but its well worth the 75pounds, I have it on performance/economy right now and its giving me a 3-4 higher mpg.

There are 8 dip switches on the tuner, lowest being economy and higher setting being pure performence, I have it about middle way.
    I have the same problem, can't find the common rail connector on a 2007 RRS TDV8, does anyone know where this is? Thanks

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by omniswamp View Post
    I have the same problem, can't find the common rail connector on a 2007 RRS TDV8, does anyone know where this is? Thanks
    Here ya go, this is for my car 08 tdv6 though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [HELP] RRS Sport 2.7 Tuning Box Installation-pikture.jpg  

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Thanks managed to find it with help totally opposite side to yours. Typical. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now