Available for viewing in your local LR Dealer next week!
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Available for viewing in your local LR Dealer next week!

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER

Available for viewing in your local LR Dealer next week!

Have just come home from buying some parts for my Defender and was shown the 3 Silver RR Sport Supercharged V8s that the local LR Dealer has in the compound. It appears that no TDv6 or 4.2s are available at the launch, only top spec wagons seem to have gone out to the dealers.
    Saleman tells me that if I want a V8 Supercharged I cannot get a build date before November 05, they are preselling like hotcakes! Watch your local showroom in the UK for a Sport covered in a sheet in the next few days, the local dealer is uncovering their show car next Wednesday.........
    I wonder when I will get my invite for a demo drive?
    BTW for what it is worth I reckon it doesn't look right in Silver or Black...... Ferarri RED, White or Epsom/Tonga will be the colours to have. The wagon is considerably lower than an L322 RR too, but not noticably shorter or narrower. The inside is just sublime, sorry BMW,Porsche, and Mercedes but your wagons cannot hold a candle to the inside of a RR sport or it's big brother, they just do not compare for quality or ambience.
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Tim,
    I am seriously thinking of trading my '03 RR for a new '06 RR Sport supercharged. I would love any additional info you can share after your test drive. I just like the idea of the increased sporting nature of the car versus the RR; (I used to drive an E55, then an M5, etc.), so increased performance, BUT with 90% of the capabilities of the RR would be great. I also need the towing performance for our boat.
    Glad to hear that you liked the interior.
    Any further help on colour choices, outside and in would be great also.
    Bish
    RRS S/C Bonatti Grey/Ebony/Cherry with PTI; RSE; Rear Diff Lock and Sirius

Tim
    FOUNDING MEMBER
    Well, here's what I know:
    You will be able tow 3500kgs like all the other big Landy products
    That the magazines here reckon the un'charged 4.4 is a waste of time as the performance of the supercharged version is phenomenal (for an SUV) and well worth paying the extra for also that the new gizzmo Dynamic Response (I think it is electronically adjustable anti rollbars!) makes a huge difference to the car's handling compared to cars without it. Personnally I think the interior design while similar to LR3/D3 is a huge improvement and really very nice.
    It might be capable of going a long way offroad but the side skirts and spoilers will soon get riped off..........
    To quote one UK mag this month " The 4.4 is only for people who cannot afford the 4.2 Supercharged. The sports car to be seen in this summer? It's got to be a Land Rover!"
    As soon as I can get a brochure I'll scan it and send it to those that want it, but no brochures are available from dealers here, only cards and fliers with a few techy details, no full specs.
    BTW if you want the ultimate RR Sport................... Overfinch has developed a 500bhp version with more spoilers and splitters than you can shake a stick at. Top Speed 159mph and 0-60 in 5.9secs. Deliveries of the Overfinch start in August............. it looks really mean too, especially in Volcano Orange and deep metallic blue
    Fuji White Evoque SD4 Coupe Dynamic Lux auto with Plus Pack, heated steering wheel, privacy and tow pack - now on my drive
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 Vogue Range Rover with Ivory interior and a few extras - Gone
    Stornoway Grey TDv8 HSE - Gone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now