those with nav-tv... - Page 5
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: those with nav-tv...

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by cameronj
    First, the cable stripper that I have for normal RG-6 (normal cable) coaxial, while it claims it works for RG-179, doesn't. With larger coax, you can always brute force it (pull out the wire cutters and a razor) to strip what you need, but the RG-179 is so thin I couldn't. So now I have to find a different stripper.
    Maybe this will help: http://wiki.tuxedo-es.org/HOWTO_Make_yo ... G-179_wire

BTW - I talked to NAV-TV, as the more I tinker the more I believe that for us non-RSE folks NAV-TV is the best solution. There are no dealers in Colorado, so they'll be more than happy to sell me the OPV-1LR for $1,400.
    I'm sure they will be happy to sell it for $1400 I don't share their enthusiasm though. Did you ask them if they will sell the smb/rca cable?
    I spoke to one of the nav-tv people and told him I was wanting just the cable... he had no idea what I was talking about. So I said... "do you have email? what is it?" "I'm going to send you a picture of what I need, ok?"
    "ok." So I send him this... haven't heard back from him, its been a week:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by jikjak
    the OPV-1LR is for another external video source for your front screen right?
    if u just want video in the front screen u can just buy the video in motion module and the smb-rca wire from them for much less
    No RSE here though. If you don't have RSE I'm pretty sure you don't get the any option to actually watch something on the monitor. I'm not 100% sure of this - I'm going to test it once I get a cable made.

I think I'll be able to view the source through the diagnostic menu - the deal breaker there is that you then can't go back to the NAV screen without recycling the system.
    '06 Rimini Red HSE - Lux, PTI, Sirius (with a bit of an XM hack)
    S/C Side Vents, S/C Grille, ACM
    '04 Disco II (Sold)
    '99 Disco II (Sold)

FRESHMAN ROVER
    hmm im pretty sure that the 1400 unit has another set of av inputs so that u can attach something like a ps2 for the front screen or an ipod video. anyways if u just want video in the front screen all u need to do is get their video in motion module which is approx 600 bucks or so, and u can also get the wire from them. it really depends on who you talk to over there, i got several different responses myself. in the end i was able to get the cable and the module from them.

if u dont have the RSE then i dont think there is a module in the rear to plug that SMB-RCA-Svid wire into, so then u may have to shell out the 1400 for the OPV-1LR thing and then attach a dvd player or whatever else u want to in there.
    06 cls55
    07 range rover sport s/c

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    there is nothing you can buy from nav-tv for $600 to enable video in motion. I've spoken to 3 different people.
    I don't know what the difference is between OPV-1R and OPV-LR, their website is about as informative as their sales people.
    You can look here: http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/search_products ... ntegration
    but it won't do you much good cause there is no -1R, just -RR and the -RR and -LR have the exact same picture and description. They are a bunch
    of retards if you ask me.

in the end i was able to get the cable and the module from them.
    Who did you speak with at nav-tv? How much did you pay and what exactly did you get from them? When did you order it?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    based on research and info obtained on this site all we need is that cable and the module. i just received mine from nav tv last week. i paid 600 for the in motion module and the cable(SMB to RCA) was 50 bucks. i forgot the name of who i talked to though, but like i said i made several calls and finally ended up talking to someone more helpful and honest. the first couple times they tried to sell me some stuff for 1000 or that other unit for 1400.
    06 cls55
    07 range rover sport s/c

Did they send you an invoice? Care to share? And the Million Dollar question: Does it work?

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    jikjak- which module did you buy? What does it say the model number is on it?
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    Did they send you an invoice? Care to share? And the Million Dollar question: Does it work?
    He doesn't know if it works because he doesn't have a range rover yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanoz
    He doesn't know if it works because he doesn't have a range rover yet.
    D'OH! Well Ryan, I say you bribe jikjak to sell you his unused set for 700 and let him deal with the idiots at Nav-TV all over again when his car comes in.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    D'OH! Well Ryan, I say you bribe jikjak to sell you his unused set for 700 and let him deal with the idiots at Nav-TV all over again when his car comes in.
    HAHAHA... I delete that vary proposition from last post, hilarious.
    I had typed "jikjak- how about this... I buy your module and cable for $700 and you order new ones from nav-tv"

FRESHMAN ROVER
    If I order the OPV-1LR, I'll see if I can talk them out of another video in motion module.
    '04 Disco II (Sold)
    '99 Disco II (Sold)

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    awesome! your going to buy me one? Now that's a true range rover forum pal!
    I'm to the point where I could just call and screw around with them. "Well, how about this... I pay you $600 for 1 OPV-dash-whateverTheHell and then at no extra charge you throw in another OPV-dash-whateverTheHell? Good?"

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanoz
    awesome! your going to buy me one? Now that's a true range rover forum pal!
    I'm to the point where I could just call and screw around with them. "Well, how about this... I pay you $600 for 1 OPV-dash-whateverTheHell and then at no extra charge you throw in another OPV-dash-whateverTheHell? Good?"
    Let's just say I'm willing to play intermediary - for a minor fee of course.
    '04 Disco II (Sold)
    '99 Disco II (Sold)

FRESHMAN ROVER
    im still waiting for the car to come in so its just sitting here hehe. i hope it works though! i basically followed the advice of some past threads (doctorpatel) and got the wire and the vehicle in motion hack. from what i understand, i need that wire to be able to have video in the front screen, but it only works when the car is not moving. the module lets the video play when the car is in motion

the part just says VTC-RR, instruction sheet says "CAN Bus Filter Installation Instruction for Rovers". u can buy that modula as well from the nav tv uk site.

http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/show_products.a ... uct_id=185

if u guys still have no luck i can try to order it for you since they already sent that to me before they should be able to send it to me again.
    06 cls55
    07 range rover sport s/c

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by jikjak
    the part just says VTC-RR, instruction sheet says "CAN Bus Filter Installation Instruction for Rovers". u can buy that modula as well from the nav tv uk site.

if u guys still have no luck i can try to order it for you since they already sent that to me before they should be able to send it to me again.
    Are you in Europe? Cause I was told by nav-tv that the one you linked to here is only for European models. This is my email to nav-tv:
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan
    Do you have installation instructions for this product?
    Thank you,
    Ryan
    Quote Originally Posted by nav-tv
    Dear Ryan,
    That interface is for the European vehicle.
    Thank you,
    If your in the U.S. then you need the OPV-1R or -LR (i guess).
    Interesting you got the cable though. I'll have to call back again and see if I can get it.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    oh well. i guess ill find out if mine works. the person i talked to said the module will enable me to have video in motion as long as i already have video while the car is stopped.
    06 cls55
    07 range rover sport s/c

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now