southern cali off roading (light) ?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: southern cali off roading (light) ?

FRESHMAN ROVER

southern cali off roading (light) ?

Anyone know any good places for some light off roading (something my supercharged wheels would be able to handle) in southern california? Maybe around los angeles?

Any meetups from this forum in the past or future?

I can't seem to google any off roading trails near LA.. well none that are for free...
    RRS HSE Bonatti Grey

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Re: southern cali off roading (light) ?

Quote Originally Posted by frinsan
    Anyone know any good places for some light off roading (something my supercharged wheels would be able to handle) in southern california? Maybe around los angeles?

Any meetups from this forum in the past or future?

I can't seem to google any off roading trails near LA.. well none that are for free...
    Stay tuned...we should have a trip coming up shortly.

Pokerplayer
    Mike

FRESHMAN ROVER
    awesome! looking forward to it
    RRS HSE Bonatti Grey

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

OK SoCal, let's put our money where our mouth is... What do you think of getting together for a Dipped in Green "total immersion" training weekend organized by Offroving.com? I had an exchange of e-mails with Adam (who runs the joint and organizes these classes) and new dates appeared today on his calendar. The cost is fairly reasonable and surely we could all learn something... I definitely need some expert guidance since I am a total offroading newbie. It could be a fun weekend, especially if some fellow Sport owners get together (Adam's daily driver is the tricked-out GG Sport pictured doing amazing things in Moab, Utah on another thread, so his direct expertise with our ride is a major plus for me in wanting to join him.)

Here is how the 1.5-day weekend works: http://www.offroving.com/services.php

And here is the calendar of upcoming events: http://www.offroving.com/calendar.php

I was thinking of signing up for the Nov. 4 and 5 weekend, if the event is confirmed. The online form on offroving.com is currently not working (unless they fixed it overnight), so you may have to e-mail Adam for more info.

Premium Member
    Awesome... might have to drive out from AZ if I can get some 19's soon enough.

LEGACY VENDOR
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    OK SoCal, let's put our money where our mouth is... What do you think of getting together for a Dipped in Green "total immersion" training weekend organized by Offroving.com? I had an exchange of e-mails with Adam (who runs the joint and organizes these classes) and new dates appeared today on his calendar. The cost is fairly reasonable and surely we could all learn something... I definitely need some expert guidance since I am a total offroading newbie. It could be a fun weekend, especially if some fellow Sport owners get together (Adam's daily driver is the tricked-out GG Sport pictured doing amazing things in Moab, Utah on another thread, so his direct expertise with our ride is a major plus for me in wanting to join him.)

Here is how the 1.5-day weekend works: http://www.offroving.com/services.php

And here is the calendar of upcoming events: http://www.offroving.com/calendar.php

I was thinking of signing up for the Nov. 4 and 5 weekend, if the event is confirmed. The online form on offroving.com is currently not working (unless they fixed it overnight), so you may have to e-mail Adam for more info.
    so saterday we train and sunday we hit the trails?do you think my stock 19 will do fine?
    Jeff Zylstra, Owner

Quote Originally Posted by jazejeff
    so saterday we train and sunday we hit the trails?do you think my stock 19 will do fine?
    That's the plan. I imagine the stock 19" would be just fine, since after all these events are for new Land Rover Center customers just getting a taste of their vehicles' capabilities. However, you should probably ask Adam to make sure. Hope you can make it, Jeff.

JUNIOR ROVER
    Let's try by AZUSA OHV area first were I went the last time. It will be a good beginner trail for some and to test our your equipments. We can meet at my place which is bout half a mile from the first ranger station. Not sure if you guys got a chance to check out some of pics but it's a fairly a beginner and intermediate trail. Some river crossing and deep sand inclines some rock crawling too if you wish.

Jeff, I was using my stock 19's when I went and the same with the LR3's. Only trouble you would get into with the stocker's is when you do the rock crawling but the rest of the trail we should be able to handle.

Let me know guys.

Here are some pics you can check out:

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/gallery/index.php?cat=10122

Thanks,
    Pokerplayer
    Mike

Sounds good to me, Mike. I am busy this coming weekend and the next, but open Oct 21/22 or 28/29 (Sundays would be better, but can do Saturday if that's a problem.)

JUNIOR ROVER
    k, Umberto. Two weeks from now is perfect. Anyone else??? Jeff you coming bud? Lets see if we can get Shark Diver too or any RRS guys are more than welcome to join us

Mike

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    dont forget about me!!! lol....

man do I miss this board! Didn't someone here warn me about getting married????
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2006 RRS Java Black/Ebony, Lux Pkg, locking Diff, Sat radio, PTI, Climate Pkg.

JUNIOR ROVER
    Id love to come but it would be a long ass drive from Long Island, NY. Take good pics please so I can 4-wheel vicariously through you guys!
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

Quote Originally Posted by antics22
    Didn't someone here warn me about getting married????
    I did, just run a search for "Wife AND cut AND balls AND jar" in the Range Rover Sport forum.

Alright alright, so this is working. Is Sun 22nd agreeable with you guys/gals? Should we meet kinda early, say 9/10ish at Pokerplayer's?

LEGACY VENDOR
    And there he is mr. antics.how have you been?yea that married life sure is diffrent.

count me in on the sunday 22
    Jeff Zylstra, Owner

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Im good to go for Sunday 22nd... I work Saturday 21st.. so Sunday is perfect!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2006 RRS Java Black/Ebony, Lux Pkg, locking Diff, Sat radio, PTI, Climate Pkg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now