southern cali off roading (light) ? - Page 6
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: southern cali off roading (light) ?

FRESHMAN ROVER

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by frinsan
    oh my, looks like you guys had an AWESOME time... i missed out.. and i'm and idiot
    Frinsan, no worries. Antics got briefly lost on the way up so he showed up a bit late himself... We were joking that perhaps you had missed the time change and come up at 9, then had gone home all pissed off when nobody showed up, glad that wasn't the case. But you did miss out on a fun run in the mud and dust, although I am sure your Halloween party was worth it, as was Jeff's. Next time, perhaps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER
    GOD I WISH I WERE THERE WITH YOU GUYS . THAT LOOKED LIKE A BLAST!!
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

Antics, bigmboy, how loud was your car wash attendant cursing when you brought your car in for a cleanup yesterday or today? I could hear mine from the bench several yards away: "Ay Caramba!" "Hijo the Puta Madre!" "La Verga Chingada!!!"... I gave him a $5 tip, poor soul.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    Antics, bigmboy, how loud was your car wash attendant cursing when you brought your car in for a cleanup yesterday or today? I could hear mine from the bench several yards away: "Ay Caramba!" "Hijo the Puta Madre!" "La Verga Chingada!!!"... I gave him a $5 tip, poor soul.
    Its funny that you said that, I went home, courtesy-rinsed the RRS, fed the dogs, and went to the carwash right afterwards. It took them about 2 hrs to clean mine with a nice hand wax afterwards... Felt sooo bad, i tipped them $10. They musta used the air-hose 5 times inside the vehicle trying to get all that dust out!

BTW... I am loading up my pics to the gallery... stay tuned!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2006 RRS Java Black/Ebony, Lux Pkg, locking Diff, Sat radio, PTI, Climate Pkg.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    heres the link to the gallery:

http://www.rrstips.com/mygallery/main.php?g2_itemId=19

and here are some highlights!

SENIOR ROVER
    umbertob how hard was it to remove the side steps?

LEGACY VENDOR
    great pics sorry i missed it! maybe next time
    Jeff Zylstra, Owner

Antics, cool shots! Man, you and your wife must have been firing that Nikon non stop! I like the group picture.

djsaad, let's just say I don't look forward to putting them back on... The boards themselves are no problem, but to remove the brackets (which is the whole point I guess) you have to take off and reattach several very finicky trim pieces with hard to align fasteners... Plan to spend a good one to two hours taking them off and probably as much time putting them back on. The second time around it should be faster, once you have figured out what you can just yank and what you can't...

FRESHMAN ROVER
    ok now im offically jealous!!!!
    those pics are awsome, were there any close calls, or did anybody get stuck?

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Well, at one point towards then end, we noticed a very loud scraping sound coming from the Bonatti Gray RRS.

We thought Bigmboy pulled a "broke-car mountain" as evidenced in this pic...

However, after crawling under the muddy RRS, It ended up only being a bent heatshield rubbing against something... PHEW!

No one got stuck, and no close calls from what I remember!

PS. Umberto failed to tell us to remove our two front lower spoilers on the front bumper. Needless to say, Both bigmboy and myself ended up tearing them off of our RRS.. and oh yeah, bigmboy lost his front license plate!

FORUM MODERATOR
    Nice pictures guys...especially # 92 (nose dive into the water!!)

Looks like you had a lot of fun there...I particularly like some of the black and white pictures too.

Probably even more fun when it's raining hard and you get some good mud packs in there.

Did you see any other Land Rovers as well or were you the only Range Rovers in the park that day?

Cheers.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01
    Did you see any other Land Rovers as well or were you the only Range Rovers in the park that day?
    No other Rangies or Landies of any shape or form. No other luxo utes in sight, we stuck out like three sore thumbs. Which made it all the more fun!

Since "my" Dipped In Green weekend got postponed and I had my offroad tires on (and a Sunday afternoon with no plans), I decided to follow Boaz's advice and drove the Rincon Shortcut this afternoon, a 25-miles dirt and rock trail in the Angeles National Forest, beginning in the San Gabriel mountains behind Azusa and ending a few miles north of La Canada / Flintridge, on Angeles Crest Hwy.

What a great run, I highly recommend it if you live in the area. The views are amazing, even though it was yet another summerish SoCal day today, while crisper, cooler winter days would probably result in better visibility and less dust (especially if it rained a bit.) As reported, half of the trail is quite easy (you won't even need to run low gears for a good 5-10 miles from the starting point), becoming more challenging about 2/3 through when the terrain becomes more rocky, the climbs steeper and the trail narrower. Put the RRS in rock crawl mode and it will climb through just about anything.

I was by myself, but I managed to take some photos. Here is a few, the rest are at this link: http://s96.photobucket.com/albums/l177/ ... 011-05-06/

Enjoy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now