southern cali off roading (light) ? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: southern cali off roading (light) ?

OK, confirmed for Azusa OHV park on Sun 10/22 so far:

- Pokerplayer
    - umbertob
    - antics22
    - jazejeff

Maybes:

- frinsan
    - rover elvis

Anyone else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

LEGACY VENDOR
    Umberto did you sign up for the green trip yet. I talked to the guy yesterday and he said i SHOULD be fine with my stock 19
    Jeff Zylstra, Owner

I'm going. Haven't quite signed up yet, I'm waiting for Adam to let me know when I can do so.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    CRAP Guys... its a NO GO for that Sunday. Just verified with the wifey that we are going to be with the in-laws that whole weekend!!! I double-booked myself!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2006 RRS Java Black/Ebony, Lux Pkg, locking Diff, Sat radio, PTI, Climate Pkg.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Dipped in Green

All's good with you guys coming together for the Dipped in Green Experience.

The registration page is down still [goDaddy's website server is having problems with the cgi script] so just email me directly at [email protected] your interest. I'll reply with the details I need from you. The dates are confirmed but dealers are filling up most of the dates. If you want to do the Nov 4-5 then please let me know. I want to make sure your clan all gets in and stragglers don't get bumped. If you guys get 10 vehicles you'll each get $25 off your registration for filling up the trip on your own.

Everyone's 19's will be fine. I've got the 18" Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine right now but the stock rims/tires will be fine. No worries. They're surprisingly tough tires.

When I first got it, stock set up was what I was working with, see here:
    http://roverlove.spaces.live.com/?_c...26ayear%3d2006
    Scroll down to choose the image album for Big Bear December 29
    -spiker
    there's room enough for all of us

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Argh, dang it. Okay so currently i'm on the 20" supercharged wheels and conti tires. I also don't have the funds to buy back my 19"s (I shouldn't have sold them =(... ).

What do you guys think? They probably won't work on this trip huh?

I know they're horrible off roading wheels/tires.... but if you guys think I can survive (and considering i don't really mind the wheels getting damaged)... i'm good to go that weekend =)
    RRS HSE Bonatti Grey

JUNIOR ROVER
    Make it on the East Coast and I am in!!!
    2006 RRS HSE-Zermatt "Ellie"

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by Prayn4Sno
    Make it on the East Coast and I am in!!!

Grrr stupid people In cali with stupid public Off-road parks unlike Conn. that has no public off road parks.

I would bring an old Disco that is sitting at the dealership just to show how capabable the RRS is.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    im in too, if you guys come to the East Coast

FRESHMAN ROVER

frinsan: 19's

I can loan you my 18" factory rims/tires. You have to change them though.
    -spiker

FORUM MODERATOR
    ****...I wish I was in California at the moment, I'd join you in a heartbeat.

Adam...those pictures of the Continental divide trip are extraordinary, I wonder if you are planning on leading another expedition like that...I'm sure there are plenty of guys in the HLRC (Houston Land Rover club) that would be interested as well.

I'm curious about a couple of things.

How many 5 gallon cans of extra gas do you guys take here, and are you running 2 spares or just 1 spare on these types of trips?

Is a Winch an absolute necessity on the RRS in this type of adventure, and I see that you are not running any rock sliders on the RRS...besides the scraping of the plastic forms on the doors, any material damage to the steel plates below?

Thanks in advance!!!
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Off roving, count me in for your Nov 4/5 outing... You should have my email address already, just let me know the details and payment info when you have a chance.

Antics, sorry to hear you cannot make it on 10/22... I could just as well do it on the 29th instead, but I don't know if everyone else can. Too bad, I was looking forward to seeing you with the rest of the "Hooters" crowd!

FRESHMAN ROVER

PJPR01

Winch is not 'absolutely necessary'. I just like to go prepared. Wait. Let me correct that. I PLAN on going prepared [side story: went to Asuza canyon to day and got stuck for the first time. It took two winches to set me free from the swamp mud. It sucked the card into itself]. So why PLAN? Morale to the story....when you decide on a whim to hit the trail for fun instead of work, bring the winch remote! No remote, rely on a jeep to pull you out, and an Exterra! Embarrassing. But anyone would have gotten stuck if it took that much force to pull me out.

Ok. At any rate, confession aside: I'm deliberating on sliders. I want to do due diligence to make sure I choose the right ones. Only a few on the market right now and I'm looking to evaluate which ones will be around for more than a one hit wonder. Only on the long expeditions do I take two Fuel and two Water Jerry cans. They are so heavy. If you looked on some of the Great Divide pictures, you'll notice I opted to bring the cans 'indoors' and use the can holders for carrying wood. Evened out the load significantly and was much kinder on the roof rack which is not built for that type of weight.
    -spiker

FRESHMAN ROVER

umbertob: reservation

I need to sulk tonight from my bad day. I'll email you tomorrow with the details I need from you to confirm your reservation. Is it just you for now, I know there was some other people interested?
    -spiker

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    The 29th would be perfect if it was then... but if not, no worries. I dont want to hold the group up.
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2006 RRS Java Black/Ebony, Lux Pkg, locking Diff, Sat radio, PTI, Climate Pkg.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now