XPlan Pricing
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: XPlan Pricing

SOPHOMORE ROVER

XPlan Pricing

Hi All,

Has anyone here bought their RRS via XPlan? Are dealers willing to go beneath XPlan pricing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    They can only go below the X Plan if they are offering 'buyer insentives'. The X Plan allows you to get for a little more than invoice, but they have to offer all 'LR buyer insentives'

The only thing better than X Plan in the A/Z plan. That is the exact invoice cost.

Both plans were made to allow Ford employes/friends & family of Ford to get new autos at our around 'cost'.

Can you get the A/Z plan? That is the only way you can get a better cost.

-Cargo King
    06 RRS Lux Pax/DVD/Sirius
    Cargo King
    06RRS/Lux Pax/DVD/Sirius

SOLIHULL ROVER
    X-Plan pricing is 4% over invoice plus destination charge plus RAG(regional Advertising Group) fee.

On a LR3 sure you can get below X-plan in some markets but that is not going to happen for Sports.

There are a few dealers selling sports at X-plan but not very many and they are no incentives on sports either so there is no additional discount avaliable.

A/Z Plan is just invoice plus Destination and RAG.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Unfortunately, no. My wife works for a Ford partner. I was hoping that if I "worked" the dealerships, I could squeeze a few extra dollars here and there. There are 3 dealerships within 35 miles of my house.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    So-cal dealers do not accept x-plans for RRS, however they do for RR. I was able to get one from a friend who works at corporate but, it went to waste.
    RRS HSE Bonatti Grey

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by British_Rover
    X-Plan pricing is 4% over invoice plus destination charge plus RAG(regional Advertising Group) fee.

On a LR3 sure you can get below X-plan in some markets but that is not going to happen for Sports.

There are a few dealers selling sports at X-plan but not very many and they are no incentives on sports either so there is no additional discount avaliable.

Hi,

Is that 4% across the board for everything; car and accessories? 2006 saved you 20% on accessories. I've been checking the FordPartner site. But, I haven't seen pricing for '07 yet. I've generated a PIN. So, I guess I'll have to go to a dealer and get hard copies of pricing.

A while back someone reported Land Rover Encino was honoring x-plan pricing on some RRS HSEs in slow-moving colors only.

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBob

Hi,

Is that 4% across the board for everything; car and accessories? 2006 saved you 20% on accessories. I've been checking the FordPartner site. But, I haven't seen pricing for '07 yet. I've generated a PIN. So, I guess I'll have to go to a dealer and get hard copies of pricing.

Does not apply to accesories only to the actualy vehicle itself.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    really umbertob? Argh, that makes me angry. They told me 'NO on RRS'. Those liars =(

Well... i guess stupid me for actually believing them.. *sigh
    RRS HSE Bonatti Grey

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    A while back someone reported Land Rover Encino was honoring x-plan pricing on some RRS HSEs in slow-moving colors only.
    They can do this? I thought X-Plan was a program all dealers participated in. That sucks. I'm in the Washington, DC area. I think I'll go my dealer of choice (Annapolis) and see what info I get. I'll go tonight.

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by HugeBob
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    They can do this? I thought X-Plan was a program all dealers participated in. That sucks. I'm in the Washington, DC area. I think I'll go my dealer of choice (Annapolis) and see what info I get. I'll go tonight.
    X-Plan is at the dealers disgression so they can choose to honor it or not.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Through much research and shopping in SoCal, I learned that it is the dealer's option to offer X-plan pricing on the RRS. Most in SoCal will do so for the HSE, and only one dealer gave me an X price for an SC. Unfortunately, that dealer tried to make up the $ in financing, which basically negated the X-price and the deal.
    06 RRS SC Buck Blu/Ebony

Premium Member
    i was told that participation is at the discretion of the dealer as well. one sales manager went on to explain that LR doesn't really incent dealers to sell cars under a/b/x plan pricing by sending a replacement vehicle for their inventory. he said that when he worked for lincoln, if he sold a car under a plan, lincoln would send them a replacement vehicle. so if they made a smaller margin by selling under a discount plan, they could make it up with the replacement vehicle. he said LR doesn't offer replacements. i could see how a dealer would be more willing with RR and LR3s and less with the in-demand RRS
    2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White Defender 90 SW #317/500
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by phil.
    i was told that participation is at the discretion of the dealer as well. one sales manager went on to explain that LR doesn't really incent dealers to sell cars under a/b/x plan pricing by sending a replacement vehicle for their inventory. he said that when he worked for lincoln, if he sold a car under a plan, lincoln would send them a replacement vehicle. so if they made a smaller margin by selling under a discount plan, they could make it up with the replacement vehicle. he said LR doesn't offer replacements. i could see how a dealer would be more willing with RR and LR3s and less with the in-demand RRS
    That is exactly how it works. I had someone basicly in the same situation that they wanted a RRS at X-plan pricing and they just couldn't understand that we wouldn't do that since we would not be allocated another one.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    That is exactly how it works. I had someone basicly in the same situation that they wanted a RRS at X-plan pricing and they just couldn't understand that we wouldn't do that since we would not be allocated another one.
    Ahhhh! So I guess that explains the sort of deflated attitude I get when I mention X-Plan, LOL. The salesman is all enthusiastic when I come in asking for the RRS or XC90 (don't laugh. That's my runnerup choice). When I ask about X-Plan, I get odd reactions. Nothing bad or anything. Just ranging from less enthusiastic to outright ignorance of the plan, LOL.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now