Winter/Summer - Best Combo
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter/Summer - Best Combo

FRESHMAN ROVER

Winter/Summer - Best Combo

Ok, I've thumbed through the posts on tires/wheels and it seems like there are options, albeit limited for swapping tires and wheels.

What I'm looking for is a recommendation on an ideal Winter setup and ideal summer setup.

I live in snow country and know the power of snow tires in winter season (even with good 4WD/AWD), so I'm looking for a winter wheel/tire combo that's ideal. I was thinking of keeping the stock wheels and throwing some Pirelli Scorpion I&S tires on for the winter set up, and then switching to a larger wheel tire combo for summer.

I have a Black/Black RRS and was wondering if, given all of the summer tire suggestions, one stands out for this color car.

Or, I suppose I could drop down a wheel size for winter and keep the stocks for summer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Excatly the same plan here. I am now on 20" OEM rims + tires and will go back to 19" originals with Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow for winter.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Got the Scorpions some 2 weeks ago and so far made two snow trips on them:
    Crystal Mountain - from Seattle - one week ago in light snow and ice conditions - perfect
    Mt. Baker - from Seattle - today in frozen snow and ice on several miles of twisty roads - perfect as well.
    Nothing else to compare to (as far as winter tires) but ride comfort, traction, braking, ... - all is up to my satisfaction
    +1 from me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I'm leaning towards the Nokian all-seasons as I really don't want to buy the new wheels and its probably not a good idea to be pulling tires on an off the rims every season.

I liked the Pirelli's - I had them on my S4 and they were fantastic, but I would really prefer an all-season and the Nokian's were the only ones that I've been able to find out there for all season on teh stock wheels... any other thoughts?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by mainebenm
    I'm leaning towards the Nokian all-seasons as I really don't want to buy the new wheels and its probably not a good idea to be pulling tires on an off the rims every season.

I liked the Pirelli's - I had them on my S4 and they were fantastic, but I would really prefer an all-season and the Nokian's were the only ones that I've been able to find out there for all season on teh stock wheels... any other thoughts?
    where are you buying these nokian tires? I can't find anyplace online with them in 255/50/R19

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I am buying them from a local dealer - century tire in portland maine - I couldn't find them online either.

http://www.centurytire.com/

Banned

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now