factory extended warranty? - Page 4
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: factory extended warranty?

Re: factory extended warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by rover7 View Post
    So I'm starting my search for an extended warranty for my 2013 sport. I got a quote for the Land Rover Extended warranty, 4 years from now or 75,000 miles which is basically 3 extra years. Around $2200 from one dealer and around $3600 from another dealer. Not sure how there could be such a price difference. One dealer also has an Allstate extended warranty plan which seems pretty close to the Land Rover one, but Allstate offers some more years and milage for a little more money. Anyone have experience with the Allstate. I'm leaning towards the Land Rover from what I read on here. Both are exclusionary. Couple things worry me when reading the exclusions in Land Rover one. Illumination for example isn't included, bulds, HID etc. I understand a bulb not being covered, but what if the adaptive headlight stops working? Will they try to say that's part of illumination? Also mentions external mirrors not covered. Does this mean if the mirror stops folding in or stops dipping in reverse, that it's not covered? Also not sure if Bushings and parts like that are covered? Just a few of my concerns. Would love any first hand experience comments.

Thanks
    My driver's side folding mirror was covered. Almost $1000 repair covered to get a stupid mirror to fold in and out. I also had control arm bushings covered. I have the Land Rover extended warranty.
    2011 RRS Supercharged Fuji White
    2007 911 Turbo (Europipe Stage I Exhaust)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by mk23 View Post
    My driver's side folding mirror was covered. Almost $1000 repair covered to get a stupid mirror to fold in and out. I also had control arm bushings covered. I have the Land Rover extended warranty.
    Thanks for the info. Good to hear these things are covered
    '13 RRS HSE LUX
    '95 RR 4.0se P38

FRESHMAN ROVER

I didn't get a straight answer from the dealer on this question... So the quotes they gave me are 4 years from today, which is an extra 3 years added to my warranty since I still have a year remaining. If I wait another year before I buy the warranty, is it 4 years from that date? Which gains me an extra year if I wait. I realize the cost may go up, but they did mention the cost probably wouldn't go up all that much do to my low milage. Anyone know how this works?
    '13 RRS HSE LUX
    '95 RR 4.0se P38

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rover7 View Post
    I didn't get a straight answer from the dealer on this question... So the quotes they gave me are 4 years from today, which is an extra 3 years added to my warranty since I still have a year remaining. If I wait another year before I buy the warranty, is it 4 years from that date? Which gains me an extra year if I wait. I realize the cost may go up, but they did mention the cost probably wouldn't go up all that much do to my low milage. Anyone know how this works?
    You will get an extra year if you wait. However, you must purchase it 30 days before your factory warranty expires and the quote is only good for 30 days. So the quote they give you today may not be the same a year from now. There is a mark up on these warranties so don't be afraid to negotiate.
    2013 GT Limited

FRESHMAN ROVER

this is all confusing to me because the product isn't apples to apples from dealer to dealer. some dealers offer 60 month extension for my vehicle (2.8 years old right now; so my warranty would expire 5 years from today), some will only offer 48 month.

i've been told by more than one that the 60 month extension will not be offered for my vehicle (2014 LR SC purchased Oct 2013) AFTER Dec 31 of this year. So sounds like the best thing to do, in my case, is to wait till then and buy the 60 month.

So figure out what that threshold is for when it's too late to buy a 60 month extension, then find a dealer that sells that product at a price you find fair.

like others touched on, while fluctuations between what dealers sell these at. some markets bear a lot more than others, apparently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now