factory extended warranty? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: factory extended warranty?

Re: factory extended warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by RoverGuy7 View Post
    Yeah, a lot of them will not cover hardware, such as bolts and nuts.

This is one of the reasons I strongly recommend Ford ESP, I have never had an issue with them on things like this. Only time it is an issue with ESP is on high dollar intermittent issues that I'm not able to show the adjuster, and on items that are expressly not covered. Most claims go through without much issue at all, and they usually don't send adjusters out until it's a repair of over a grand or so, which makes it quick and easy to deal with, not having to wait the extra day or two for the adjuster to verify.
    +1 I've been using the FORD ESP on my RRS and they have been nothing but great. So far, they've replaced upper/lower controls arms, sway bar bushings, entire steering rack with tie rods, brake booster, brake master cylinder, and brake light switch. Each and every time, I would get an LR loaner from the dealer no questions asked. It has already paid itself off.
    2011 RRS Supercharged, Santorini Black on Tan, ATB front and side grilles
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Here is the exclusionary print for the warranty.
    factory extended warranty?-screen-shot-2013-05-30-6.16.31-pm.jpgfactory extended warranty?-screen-shot-2013-05-30-6.16.38-pm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman1 View Post
    +1 I've been using the FORD ESP on my RRS and they have been nothing but great. So far, they've replaced upper/lower controls arms, sway bar bushings, entire steering rack with tie rods, brake booster, brake master cylinder, and brake light switch. Each and every time, I would get an LR loaner from the dealer no questions asked. It has already paid itself off.
    Um, que?
    https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/9-r...-warranty.html

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER

Extended warranties remind me of a visit to the Chrysler dealership with the Grand Cherokee for warranty work. This 07 is the only new car that I ever bought.
    There was a gentleman there getting red faced and rocking from foot to foot. The part of the conversation that I overheard was, " How come every time I come in here it is not covered? I bought every blinking thing they offered me for warranties. " The Service Rep just shook his head and said that whatever it was was not covered and it would be about $450.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseyloosey View Post
    lol yah, I was a little upset at that point but in the end, they did pay up and the work was done. That was also through LR fort worth which had no previous experience dealing with ford ESP. LR Dallas and LR Houston southwest has a lot more experience with them and I've had no problems since then. Not to mention, the warranty has already paid out more than I purchased it for.
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

I thought it would be better to bump this thread than create a new one, but it's about that time for me to consider getting an extended warranty on my '11 RRSS. I had Ford ESP on my previous two rovers which was great, but they no longer offer coverage for Land Rover products. The quote I got at the dealer for the Land Rover warranty was, in my opinion, a little excessive. Has anyone used other extended warranty providers?

Dealer sent me this quote. "I have cut and pasted the various options available from the Land Rover Database.Again, this is a Land Rover product, accepted nationally, with zero deductible and 24 hour roadside assistance.
    You can find some more helpful information about this Land Rover product by clicking the link below:"
    http://www.landrovermtkisco.com/extended-warranty.htm

Plan
    Months
    Miles
    Expiration Date
    MSRP
    Deductible
    Reduced Deductible
    Land Rover VPP
    3/30/2021
    Land Rover VPP
    3/5/2021
    Land Rover VPP
    3/5/2022
    2013 GT Limited

FRESHMAN ROVER

The JLR Factory Warranty extension for 2 or 3 years is the best one you can get. Covers almost all components with the exception of body parts and maintenance items. After that, Land Rover offers their "Continental Warranty" extended vehicle contract. Not as good as the factory one, but better than nothing I suppose.

The quote above for 72 months is not an extended factory warranty but an aftermarket company offering. It is important to research the company itself in order to see if they are likely to cover common repairs in the future.

FRESHMAN ROVER

it also depends on your current mileage at the time you purchase your extended factory warranty and when your factory ends... i bought my extended factory warranty at LR houston southwest 3 months before my factory warranty ended with 24k miles at time of purchase. i paid around $2700 for an additional 6 years and up to 100k miles after having them price match another dealers quote.. on another note i went in this week to set a service appt and apparently there are different tiers of JLR factory extended warranties bc my service advisor said he had to check which warranty i had? (EZ care, and some other choices) to make sure my suspension parts were covered (which he said they were)...

So with all this talk about getting screwed or having a hard time making a claim, does this mean that every time you make a claim that is over 1000 dollars or even 500, that the warranty company will send an adjuster to have a look at the work necessary before approving the repairs? this seems awfully time consuming to me and let's not forget the "adjuster" may *adjust* the work that needs to be done. i.e. What the dealership thinks needs to be fixed may not mesh with the adjuster's opinion. Who fights that battle?

Also, anyone in Canada have any experience in making a claim through their dealership with iasal.ca or xt.rrs-global.com? These two companies are the ones my LR dealership in Ottawa deals with and they say the experiences between them and their clients have been positive however, when I google the companies, nothing really comes up in terms of reviews and feed back. There is some feedback from the BBB but sifting through all that is BS to me. I just wish there were some REAL opinions with REAL accounts of how the company deals with it's customer issues instead of "4 out of 5 disputes were settled to the customer's satisfaction."
    "I know the voices aren't real but man do they ever come up with great ideas!" 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Santorini Black with ebony interior and Alcantera seats

FRESHMAN ROVER

As far as an adjuster goes, not necessarily. It really depends on the wording the service advisor uses, as well as other factors, such as milage, price of repair, any previous discrepancies with dealer and warranty company etc etc.

Remember that most of the reviews of any of these extended warranty companies will be negative. Most people who receive good service don't bother to post positive reviews. On the other hand, people who don't get a repair covered (regardless of whether is actually a coverable repair or not according to their contract) are much more likely to vent on review sites.

It's hard to tell exactly how a warranty company will act once you use their services. My best advice would be to read the contract carefully so you know exactly what they will and will not cover should the time ever arise to use them.

On average, the insurance company always comes out ahead and makes a profit on these policies, a huge profit. If they didn't, no insuramce would offer these extended warranties. You can rest assured they will fight tooth and nails before giving you any money if the claim is not as cut and dry as it should be - and depending on how it is written, it often isn't. Read the contract before signing it, even on a relatively iron clad "exclusionary" policy (the only one you should consider to begin with) there are so many exclusions, exceptions, gotchas, ifs, ands, and buts to make your head spin. See the above example, would you still buy the policy after reading all that fine print? I wouldn't personally, but YMMV.

I have to agree here. As an example, my claims have exceeded the 10k mark (by A LOT). My dealership has honored every single claim made by the service dept. but I can't imagine how a third party warranty company selling their 4 year coverage at 4-5k CDN could make any profit whatsoever. Therefore, they'll word the contract to allow them full veto power over any claim no matter how coverable or legitimate it may seem. To think that you can buy an extended third party warranty and then expect to receive the same coverage as a CPO would be delusional. The guy selling these warranties at the dealership obviously will not say this which is expected (he's doing his job) but he did give me the contracts on both companies and stressed that I should read it thoroughly.... Which I'm currently doing.
    "I know the voices aren't real but man do they ever come up with great ideas!" 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Santorini Black with ebony interior and Alcantera seats

Just to follow up with this thread, I was able to secure an LR extended warranty for a great deal. Thank you to everyone who commentated and PM'ed me from this thread. Bottom line, the dealerships all have wiggle room for the same official land rover warranty. I spoke with about 6 of them all over the US.

Also, just to clarify, Land Rover officially sells two types of warranties. A "new" and "pre-owned" warranty. If your vehicle is still under the factory warranty, you are qualified to purchase the "new" warranty which means an ADDITIONAL 6/7 years OR 75/100k miles depending on the plan. There is also a $0 deductible at LR dealerships and it is transferable, and refundable (prorated) if you sell the car later. This warranty needs to be purchased 30 days before the factory warranty expires (I had 4 days left).

The "pre-owned" warranty is if you buy a vehicle from a land rover dealership that is already out of warranty. It is the 1/2/3 year additional warranty they can sell you on top of the purchase price for the car. It is also much more expensive with fewer total miles allowed.

This does make me question the whole land rover CPO warranty thing. Dealers can CPO a vehicle and charge anywhere from $2-4k more than market value for it, and it just includes an additional 2 years of warranty. Alternatively, you can purchase a used vehicle still under warranty at/under market value, pay a similar amount for the extended warranty, and get an additional 6 years of warranty. Suffice to say, I'm all set till 2021!

Of course, you can just ignore this whole thread if you're one of those guys that doesn't believe in warranties

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by curover View Post
    Here is the exclusionary print for the warranty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 6.16.31 PM.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	102.4 KB 
ID:	16912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-05-30 at 6.16.38 PM.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	16913

I am in the same predicament and am contemplating the purchase of an extended warranty for my 2011 RRS with 34Kmls. I was offered the same plan from my dealer 6 years /100Kmls at $3651. My warranty expires in August.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now