2006 range rover sport suspension fault
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: 2006 range rover sport suspension fault

2006 range rover sport suspension fault

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this. I have the yellow suspension fault light on. My car has been running fairly normal except for going over dips and bumps, quite bouncy since the light went on a few days ago. I took my car into an independent service center in my area, West Coast Rovers in Irvine, CA today and they did a diagnostic test and the error message read: C1A27-14: compressor circuit. Circuit short to ground or open. West Coast Rovers is telling me that I need a new compressor and quoting me close to $1100. Is it possible that I just need to replace a fuse? Anyone have this problem before? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2006 range rover sport suspension fault

Although West Coast Rovers usually know what they are talking about and they would have checked the fuse before recommending a new air supply unit (fuse should be in the junction box next to the battery), another thing you / they may want to try is check and/or replace the compressor relay first. If they already checked or replaced it and the fault keeps coming back, you may not have a choice. A new compressor kit - the AMK unit - will run about $600 or so, plus installation (which is more involving than just a swap, since the AMK compressor is a completely new design compared to the Hitachi unit currently on your car, requiring quite a while to retrofit inside a new box and on a new bracket) and a diagnostic session to download the AMK software. Still, $1100 sounds like a lot of dough. Ask them if they tested the relay yet.

Re: 2006 range rover sport suspension fault

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob View Post
    Although West Coast Rovers usually know what they are talking about and they would have checked the fuse before recommending a new air supply unit (fuse should be in the junction box next to the battery), another thing you / they may want to try is check and/or replace the compressor relay first. If they already checked or replaced it and the fault keeps coming back, you may not have a choice. A new compressor kit - the AMK unit - will run about $600 or so, plus installation (which is more involving than just a swap, since the AMK compressor is a completely new design compared to the Hitachi unit currently on your car, requiring quite a while to retrofit inside a new box and on a new bracket) and a diagnostic session to download the AMK software. Still, $1100 sounds like a lot of dough. Ask them if they tested the relay yet.
    Your knowledge is really impressive. Did you own Land Rover at one point? Thank goodness you're here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now