worst rrs lemon ever!
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

View Poll Results: Which has more issues requiring immediate attention?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2010RRSlemon's RRS

0 0%
  • 2010RRSlemon

6 35.29%
  • I can't tell, because this post reads like a Charlie Manson letter

11 64.71%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: worst rrs lemon ever!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Angry worst rrs lemon ever!

hi i dont know what to do anymore... ive been absolutely screwed over by land rover to the point that it sounds funny to some people. back in 2010 i purchased a range rover sport 2010 model brand new and from the day i got it, it had issues. the first day off the lot i had to bring it in for a bonnet fault, and tire pressure fault, little did i know that was the least of my issues yet to come. a week later i got the car back and was able to drive it, a month into ownership it received a gearbox fault and the rpms were revving up to 6 with my foot off the accelerator, brought it to the dealer for a diagnostic and they kept it for a few days, a week after they "fixed" the gearbox it happened again, dealer replaced the gearbox or components. since then the transmission has faulted 6 times, and was replaced as well within 3 months of owning the range rover. the vehicles sport mode has been extremely dangerous in the car, when the vehicle is put into sport, the range rover will lunge forward with foot not even on the gas, and the engine will roar while rpms go to about 7. the engine will then burn and smoke the cabin of the vehicle, land rovers advice was to not use this as they "cannot find the issue at this time" they replaced our gear shifter, the timing belt was replaced this month after ordering in the new belt as well as 15 new engine components from england, yes england i have corporate messages on my phone and in documentations. i seem to be skipping around with times of incidents, maybe this is because ive been driving a lr4 loaner for 2 months, while land rover corporate engineers work on my vehicle. well yesterday i have received my vehicle back, with a message "restricted engine" and "limp home" land rover even took the courtesy of putting 1k miles on my vehicle just over these months, overall they have had my vehicle more then i have. it has been flat bedded into there dealer 3 times for the emergency break locking up on the highway at 70mph. luckily i didnt go off the road, however they had to replace all rotors and tires after burning out. they were replaced all three times, with the third time the left rear rotor caught fire. im sorry i dont even know where to begin or how to even type this up in any order, overall though ive had the gearbox replaced 2 or 3 times the transmission has been replaced with an occurring fault, the engine has almost fully been replaced with over 12 faults altogether, airbag fault, braking system fault, terrain response system was replaced, navigation and audio system died and was replaced, all rotors and axles replaced, this is hardly scratching the surface, i have a stack of my land rover files thicker then 2 dictionaries. and land rover refuses to give me the rest of my files. i highered a lawyer to try the lemon law but they refuse to replace the truck, instead they offered to install tvs in the vehicles headrest, or give a check for only $2500 for there store. what will this get us? nothing! im scared to drive this truck, my family almost died twice from the engine shutting down and the braking system lockup on a major highway! how can they put us in this truck, do they want to kill us, ive emailed corporate before most of the big issues that they had a final chance to fix the vehicle from the garbox faults, and since then land rover has put almost as many miles on it as i have, it has currently 29k miles, however 9k of these were due to land rovers claim of heavily testing the vehicle and keeping for extended periods of time. how can they even say just not to use sport mode? this truck is not cheap, and they act like its no big deal and treat me like im stupid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

UAV

Re: worst rrs lemon ever!

I'm sorry to hear that. Very unfortunate and I hope that they give you a brand new RRS that works like it's supposed to

FRESHMAN ROVER

How is it that Toyota has a couple of unintended accelerations or a few Audi's use Launch-Control to go through garages in the 80's ad we still hear about it, yet RRS are locking up and throwing some E-Brake at 70mph on hwy's and we hear nothing.

I'm not a punch bowl drinker, but this sound like a bit much..
    '09 RRS HSE

Ghosts of Jason's Past:
    • '06 A4 Avant
    • '84 Grand Cherokee
    • '70 Jeepster Commando

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

America is a big place: what state are you in? (I think I saw this someplace before: it is surprising somebody will post pictures of their car, and yet be so ^^^^ing vague about where they live!). Your lawyer (hired) should be able to force the lemon law to solve this issue, quickly, depending in which state you live (even so, at some point Federal statutes take hold). Your (Their) dealer is not useful; have you tried another - or is the current dealer now working under LRNA assist -- either way this should be taken care of by competent legal assist. Almost makes me wonder if this car might not have been underwater . . .Or , , , In seven years of reading LR3 and RRS forums, I have never heard of this much issue w/o LRNA buying back the lemon . . . something is wrong with this story, besides the spelling errors.
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Lincoln Continental Select 2.7 AWD; 2013 RRSport HSE, 40000 miles (traded); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L X308 BRG 89000 miles (traded on RRS); 08 RRSport SC (sold); 08 LR 3 (traded); 05 LR 3 4.2 (traded); 04 BMW Z4 sold; 01 XJ8 anthracite (for LR 3); 98 Z3 (traded on Z4); 01 S-type 4.0 V8 (traded on XJ8; 99 323 IC (traded on S-type); 94 Deville traded; 88 325IS sold

You guys actually read all that?!? I got cross-eyed by line # 2.

Anyway, methinks a troll has stopped by our forum, let's not feed the troll. I approved the post because of the freedom of speech thing, but the whole tragic story sounds made up (or he "highered" the worst lawyer, like, ever.)

I couldn't even finish the rambling with one giant dramatic gasp, poor punctuation and no caps.

In my years of reading I have only heard of a few people that had issues with the electric parking brakes. They followed the directions and used the emergency release and were on their way. One person hinted at some kind of service action but I really didn't follow up as it is such a rare issue.

As far as LRNA/dealer involvement there is alot to be taken into consoderation. As the rig is under warranty and they have handled everything within the warranty they can hardly be held at fault thus far. As far as the mileage you certainly can't expect them to deal with an issue unless they can find the issue or duplicate it. Oh, before someone get's their panties in a bunch, NO I am not defending LRNA. I am just making objective observations.

THis thread rather reminds me of my Chrysler 300. In 32K miles I went through two sets of tyres, three steering racks, three head units, two main computer, two transmissions numerous odd modules and one entire interior gutting to replace the main body harness. I was on a first name basis with the service manager, he had my number on speed dial and would come pick up the car at my house things got so bad. However the service was all done under warranty and with a smile... even with their heads shaking in wonderment.

The long and short is that we really can't make heads or tails out of the ramblings above as there are numerous issues with sparse information all mashed into one big glob. It's rather difficult to seperate the drama and frustration from actual fact. Once you lawyer up any hint of favourful and collegial assistance goes out the window. You have pressed playing hard ball now they will buckle down and do the same. Your lawyer will require you to write a factual and detailed statement on each individual issue with supporting ducumentation for each of the three FAILED attempts to repair each issue. Of course since we have no clue where you are located nobody is able to point out the local requirements for Lemon Law enforcement.

Good luck and please calm down before posting here again. There is little if anything we can do from here. Even less when a post is nothing more than venting and contains so little information of substance.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Paragraphs are nice, but it seems your writing is just as worse as your RRS

FRESHMAN ROVER

Troll...sorry, if it sounds too good to be true, it really is....
    '13 RRS S/C LE Fuji White, '12 BMW M6 Convertible San Marino Blue

FRESHMAN ROVER

Unhappy Re: worst rrs lemon ever!

I know it sounds like a lot of issues, and i assure you im not just trolling. i am from new jersey. sorry about the lack of information, i just set up my account and am new to these forums. ill post pictures of the stack of documents i have, as well as pictures of the faults i have. i went through this site http://www.mylemon.com/new-jersey-lemon-law.php with my attorney David Gorberg, who seemed so eager to help and so confident that he would be able to get the truck replaced. i was told by him land rover had until january 11th to respond to us, and when the day came they declined replacing the vehicle and offered $2500. i could go through the lemon law, however Mr. Gorberg told me that business vehicles are not covered under the lemon law, and even if i decided to go to court it might take a year. this is the internet, i dont really have a reason to lie to you, if you don't believe me i don't really blame you considering it seems like an impossible amount of issues.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I dont see why they wont just swap out the vehicle, its a lemon if ive ever seen one.
    Last edited by RRToadHall; January 12th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2010RRSlemon View Post
    I dont see why they wont just swap out the vehicle...
    Are you serious? The rig is three model years old, at least two calendar years old. Of course they aren't going to "just swap out" to make you happy. If you presence here is any indicator of your presence at the dealer I am surprised they offered you anything.

BTW, your uncalled for commentary has been removed. Before posting any further responces I suggest you read our simple guidelines, learn how to punctuate, find your shift key and take a class on paragraphs so folks can understand what you are running on about.

JUNIOR ROVER

"the timing belt was replaced"
    I'm pretty sure that these vehicles don't have "timing belts".
    The more I glance over the first post, the funnier it gets. "Rotors catching fire".
    Last edited by arby; January 12th, 2013 at 04:33 PM. Reason: adding

When someone doesn't even know if his gearbox has been replaced... or components there is something seriously amiss in the posting. When " ive had the gearbox replaced 2 or 3 times the transmission has been replaced" there is somethign amiss with the posting. Which is it, two times or three tiems? You don;t have a gear box, you have a transmission, so both could not have been replaced.

Quite frankly it is sounding more and more like someone wanting a new rig without paying for it. I am sorry, but there are so many holes and so many flaws in this posted information there is no way we can possibly take it seriously When mated with the inability to communicate and the commentary that had to be removed this posting is very little more than a temper tantrum ranting.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I have a lawyer right now for something. The number one rule of Layer Fight Club? Don't talk about it especially on the internet!! You'd think a guy from Jersey would know when to keep his mouth shut!!

There is no point in your post other than to vent and complain. Nothing constructive. You did not even ask anything.
    '09 RRS HSE

Ghosts of Jason's Past:
    • '06 A4 Avant
    • '84 Grand Cherokee
    • '70 Jeepster Commando

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob View Post
    You guys actually read all that?!? I got cross-eyed by line # 2.

Anyway, methinks a troll has stopped by our forum, let's not feed the troll. I approved the post because of the freedom of speech thing, but the whole tragic story sounds made up (or he "highered" the worst lawyer, like, ever.)
    I'm not buying this one either.
    2010 RRS Gray/Ebony Lux Package
    2001 BMW 740iL Stratus Metalic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now