RRS Buyers' remorse? - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RRS Buyers' remorse?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: RRS Buyers' remorse?

Purchased my first Range Rover (used 2012 RRS) a month ago. Have really been enjoying it on and off road here in Arizona. Have owned over 30 vehicles over the years-Corvettes, Jeep CJ 5, Jag XJ 6, Ferrari 328 GTS-many of which just sat in the garage and were rarely driven. With age I have come to realize you should enjoy your "toys" and drive the RR daily. They certainly have their own personality! Having a blast daily and hope not too many maintainence issues arise, but "it is what it is". No guarrantees in this life!!! Happy Trails

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I picked up my pre-owned 2008 RRS a month ago, and am still smiling.

Used to drive a Series 2 SWB LR at University in the UK, and always looked forward to one day owning a RR.

Agreed, there were other options for the money with more toys. But, few other cars have the same presence on the highway or office parking lot.

I am still in that inbetween stage of being over the moon at buying my all time dream vehicle to crapping myself because all is not well!!! scared to death that I am going to need a second mortgage to fix the thing. So far we are trying a new battery to prevent the familiar HDC inactive/check coolant level warnings that appear daily. Along with putting it on a diagnostic machine and the mechanic shaking his head and frowning. Hopefully things will come good and I will enjoy this beautiful intelligent car - I will just get down on my knees and pray every night that in the morning we have trouble free motoring.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Davisox View Post
    I will just get down on my knees and pray every night that in the morning we have trouble free motoring.
    Let me know how that works for you, once People started praying bad stuff stopped happening.
    ‘18 Range Rover - Corris Grey/Black
    ’ 19 Jaguar F-Type Coupe - Fuji White / Red
    '16 Jaguar F-Type Roadster - Fuji White/Black
    ‘16 Range Rover Sport HST - Fuji Whie/Black (sold)
    2014.5 Range Rover Sport HSE - Fuji White / Almond & Espresso (sold)
    2013 GT Limited Edition - Fuji White/Black (sold)

Carpe Diem !

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar27 View Post
    Let me know how that works for you, once People started praying bad stuff stopped happening.
    Oh if only praying actually did jack **** I would have bruises on my knees owning this car thats for sure lol!

If it is the leather smell you regret Zaino carry a product for leather that smell leather fabulously. If you are interested i can find you the exact references. I used it for the xkr, it 's real good.

I must say I am seriously on the fence between a rrs or gx470, but after reading all these positive posts here its getting me all hyped up. This is exactly how my wife and want to feel when we get into our next purchase, this post may have pushed me to the rrs. Thanx

FRESHMAN ROVER

I trade in my 2006 RR HSE for a 2008 RR Supercharged....what a difference.....I did not have such fun driven the HSE...but with the supercharged....I own the road...this car just moved...Happy

Anybody hauling young kids around in their sport, I have three 7, 6, 4, how's the room over the long term?

They will fit just fine.
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/members/596-sblvro.html

https://www.facebook.com/pages/doctorownedcarscom/217367714961131

011 RRS hse lux (traded),2013 RRS hse lux +silver, vision package(current),2009 escalade hybrid(traded) for 2015i escalade platinum,2014 glk 350 4matic(current)

unless they are obese.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Rover75 View Post
    Anybody hauling young kids around in their sport, I have three 7, 6, 4, how's the room over the long term?
    Assuming that your kids will grow like the majority of them do, then the room over time will decrease!
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

If you are a tall guy with the front seat(s) adjusted all the way back, rear room is very tight for grownups, and growing kids won't be too happy either. At the very least you should consider a backseat protector as those little shoes will make a mess of them otherwise.

Well the one we test drove was 2010, the one we might buy tomorrow is a 2006, assuming its not to much of a different ride were probably gonna go ahead and pick it up, hopefully in a few years when the youngins are bigger we can get a range rover. Thanx for all the comments.

Well the one we test drove was 2010, the one we might buy tomorrow is a 2006, assuming its not to much of a different ride were probably gonna go ahead and pick it up, hopefully in a few years when the youngins are bigger we can get a range rover. Thanx for all the comments.
    Whoa there, big difference in 2006 and 2010 models. Definitely go with the 2010. Much better reliability, interior quality, and more powerful engine. The 2006 model is going need $$$$ for maintenance and inevitable repairs.
    2011 RRS Supercharged, Santorini Black on Tan, ATB front and side grilles
    2008 RRS HSE Lux (sold), Alaska white on Ivory/Ebony, Supercharged front and side grill's,
    20" genuine stormer wheels, Supercharged front Brembo brake retrofit, Supercharged exhaust tips retrofit, 2010+ tail lights retrofit, Nappa leather steering wheel retrofit.
    2005 LR3 HSE (sold), Java Black on Alpaca, oversized all-terrains, LR genuine expedition roof rack, grille guard, and tail lamp guards.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now