RRS Buyers' remorse? - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RRS Buyers' remorse?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: RRS Buyers' remorse?

No remorse. I bought my 2006 HSE with 17000 miles on it in 2010 and plan on keeping it for a very long time. Now has 56000 with barely a hiccup. The only issue I had was with the leveling headlights two days after I bought it. No real problems since.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Being a new RRS owner ( a new to me 07), I still have a little bit of buyers remorse left. But its due to me letting go of my old whip, my 07 TL. I had so many memories with that car and grew very attached to it. I began looking for a RRS back in October and searched these forums intensely for both good and bad stories. I finally found the car in December (fully loaded with cold climate, luxury package, and rear entertainment system) for a great deal with the trade in. Was it too soon for me? Perhaps. The moment was right, I had a tempting price, and the dream car all at my hands.

It was a bit painful for me to let go but, owning and driving a RRS was on my bucket list and I decided to take the leap. An educated leap of course (inspections, research, etc.). I've driven the car for awhile now and I am enjoying it day by day. Yes, I still think about the TL (even saw her today at the lot when I went to pick up the plates, talk about an emotional ride back home!) but I know that they'll be more memories with this car. But who knows...I just may run into that TL one day...but for now, live and let live.

Wow, that's great! So far everyone who responded are happy with their decisions.

Update: I've owned mine for a couple of months now and if it was destroyed by a Meteorite I would go straight back to the Dealership and buy another one ( Obviously not if I was in it at the time). Except maybe in Black for a change, mine is white, but I like both.

"Wait, you're back so soon? What happened to your Rangie"?

"Erm, you not gonna believe this......."
    ‘18 Range Rover - Corris Grey/Black
    ’ 19 Jaguar F-Type Coupe - Fuji White / Red
    '16 Jaguar F-Type Roadster - Fuji White/Black
    ‘16 Range Rover Sport HST - Fuji Whie/Black (sold)
    2014.5 Range Rover Sport HSE - Fuji White / Almond & Espresso (sold)
    2013 GT Limited Edition - Fuji White/Black (sold)

Carpe Diem !

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by woodsonc View Post
    As a first time owner, I would have to say no regrets so far. I look forward to getting into it everyday and driving. My RRS definitely has a personality and I am enjoying it more each day. My favorite vehicle to date that I have owned was my 2002 Audi S4 and that soon may change. The RRS is really growing on me...

-Chris
    I really like what WoodsonC wrote. They have a personality. That's the only way to describe it. On a previous post, I was venting about the many things these Rovers don't have. Eg. Remote start, crappy infotainment and things like an extremely inaccurate navigation system. No apps, no customizing gauges like the new Dodge Dart and 2014 Grand Cherokee. But once I start driving it around, I'm like, "Man, this thing is its own beast." I was given the new Ford Explorer while my car went in for bushings and some trim repair. The Explorer was very smooth, very quiet and had all the electronic wizardry you'd want with the Ford Sync. (Though the car itself was underpowered with the NA V6. No torque, all horsepower. Rev it high to get into any sort of power.) The problem with it was, it had no soul. It was boring. I could get in, quickly and quietly rack up 50,000 miles and never crack a smile. (I was a little shocked with its torque steer.) That's boring driving.

The only remorse I have is buying a car that has an infotainment system out of the stone age of modern automobiles. As a tech guy, this is a pretty big deal to me.
    2010 RRS HSE Santorini Black
    2010 GMC Yukon Denali
    2013 Ford Focus ST/ST3 (Track Toy)

One Word: YES
    2012 Range Rover Sport
    2010 Range Rover Sport (gone)
    2008 LR3 (gone)

No regrets. It's been my dream car for years but kept getting talked out of it for years because of the reliability issues but really love my 2012 RRS/SC. I know I b!tch a little about it but I really think you get a lot of bang for the buck.

It's funny, I was wanting the BMW X6 and now I see them and I'm so glad I went with the RRS.
    2012 Supercharged Range Rover Sport

Well, doesn't time fly!!! I can't believe it's been 6 months and 4500 miles since I got it. Zero problems so far, except a nail in a Tire and rear Bumper re-paint, but that doesn't count. I would still buy it again if I could re-wind the Clock.
    ‘18 Range Rover - Corris Grey/Black
    ’ 19 Jaguar F-Type Coupe - Fuji White / Red
    '16 Jaguar F-Type Roadster - Fuji White/Black
    ‘16 Range Rover Sport HST - Fuji Whie/Black (sold)
    2014.5 Range Rover Sport HSE - Fuji White / Almond & Espresso (sold)
    2013 GT Limited Edition - Fuji White/Black (sold)

Carpe Diem !

Some regrets, but not much. I had driven 1 98 Disco I, and a 2003 Disco II for the last 10 years, and loved those trucks. I wanted the performance of the SuperCharged engine, and overall better handling. But I do miss the ride height of the Disco, and that it looked happier off road, than on road.
    2008 RRS S/C Buckingham Blue
    2007 Mini-Cooper S Lightning Blue
    1979 Triumph Spitfire White

FRESHMAN ROVER

No regrets here. After bugging my man of 3 years about wanting a RRS since high school he finally surprised me with my black 2006 RRS 2 months ago (47k) . We talked a lot about what could be go wrong with the car (electrical or mechanical) and looked into how much parts would typically cost. We also investigated this forum to read about common/known issues. I can say that you guys helped his decision in giving me the best present ever! Thanks

Love my 08 sport 65,000 and no major issues to date...
    2011 L322 HSE Santorini Black / Tan
    2012 BMW X5M
    2007 Ferrari F430 Coupe. Nero Daytona over Charcoal Leather..under 8,000 miles
    2008 RR Sport.. sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by dantheman1 View Post
    I used to have an '02 S4 that was APR stg 2+. Hell of a fun car and the turbo surge/whistle was addicting. Mine, however, ended up with oil leaking onto the exhaust manifold setting the engine bay in flames. After $$$$ fixing it, quickly sold it. It's been all Land Rovers since then.
    I love my 2010 RRS supercharged... Only reget is not being in the UK where it comes in diesel!!!
    I still have an 02 Audi TT with stage 3 and a whole bunch of goodies... I absolutely love the car.. but I also love the RR just in different ways.... Can't really compare the two....

FRESHMAN ROVER

My regret is that I bought a 2013 X5 last year when I should have bought the RRS. Took a bit of a hit on the trade in, but the RRS is awesome. Only had it for two weeks, but its night and day more classy, comfortable and capable than the X5.

I love my RRS more than any other car I've owned. And I've had a few really nice cars in my past. I love everything about it. Even when it's just sitting in the garage and my wife is working out, I look over at her, and say how beautiful she is. My wife gets very jealous.

No remorse... ever. It's a magical machine.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I traded in my favorite car I owned which was my cayman S, but I love the sport it's a nice mix of both worlds. No regrets love it

rj2
    FRESHMAN ROVER

I've only had my 08 RRS HSE for a few weeks now but I wake up every morning excited to jump in it. I had a issue within the first week that I bought it (was caused by the dealer) so I'd hardly fault the RRS for it. That rocked my confidence a little at the onset but it's rebuilding each time I crank it up.

Trying to convince the wife we need one of the new LRs when she's ready to get rid of her current truck. Keeping it in the family lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now