Navigation while driving - Hacked! - Page 8
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Navigation while driving - Hacked!

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Navigation while driving - Hacked!

I, Umberto.
    After some years we can summarize about some matter . What is true is :
    - the 1791 code runs effect only if no further Denso's catographic DVD's been loaded in the player, as it would upgrade the firmware.

Wide explanation on the forum
    http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=10677

There's been told that a the new cartographic DVD could be edited and burned so that no upgrading would be done. I tried and even if I'm able to have a valid "back up" duplicate DVD for damaging or loosing risk, my copy without that "LOADING.kiwi" isn't to be red by the player in the Nav System.

- For the above reasons the code is not valid on any further MY as they have newest catographic DVD.

What I don't know is if MY06 could support a certain patch ( http://www.disco3.co.uk//forum/topic7489.html ) that would re- enable "sat on navigation" feature.

Are there any news on the matter ?

Maximilian

P.S. I will report about my brake fluid changement. I substituted whole dot4 with dot5 Automec's SBF Silicone Brake Fluid on May 2012
    Last edited by RRToadHall; October 16th, 2012 at 06:32 AM.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

After reading the above in the original Italian (before it was edited), I thought I'd throw this in.

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

[QUOTE=gooseyloosey;361728]After reading the above in the original Italian (before it was edited), I thought I'd throw this in.

Oh! I was thinking even posting in German language : schade ! Es tut mir leid.
    I wanted that Italian Range Rover Owner would "Google find" the thread.
    Umberto does speak italian ?

Anyway

Last news on http://www.landroverworld.org/forums...t=12603&page=4 and upper

The matter is
    with 2008 DVD ( USA version ) the 1791 still work because no Loading.kiwi file is in the DVD ?

With newest DVD ?

In my 2009-2010 DVD the Loading.kiwi exists. The DVD I burned without it doesn't function .
    Nowaday , October 2012 a 2012 , version is available for Europe. News on it about 1791 ?

Maximilian

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Max,

Removing the loading.kwi file on a burned image of the map data DVD only works up to the 2007-2008 version of the disc, at least here in North America, according to my experience. As posted earlier in this long thread, I tried that same modified disc image hack on a (borrowed) 2008-2009 North America version of the disc and, as I indicated, the trick didn't work anymore. Haven't tried it on more recently released discs, kind of lost interest. The 1791 trick still does the job for me, and the 2007-2008 map is still up-to-date enough for my needs (if I really, really need the latest POI and map info because I can't find it with the Land Rover system, there is always Google Navigation on my Android phone... That wasn't available back when I started this topic. )

However, I was under the impression that a firmware release by Land Rover several years ago would enable on-the-move capabilities upon request to satnavs outside of North America only, including Italy, as per that thread on disco3.co.uk. My understanding is that you need a newer data disc (2007 version or later) and a visit to an authorized dealer or indy shop to "flip the switch" via approved diagnostics, and you should then be able to use navigation on the move permanently, no need to enter silly PINs and passwords. Is that not the case in Italy?

PS: Italian is my native language, but only offline or via PM... Tanto 'sti Americani non capiscono un cazzo.

Alcuni capire più di quanto si pensi.

Sorry for the frustrations. It's always been standard practice to delete nonEnglish postings to maintain continuity and search abilities.
    "The power of good is always stronger than the power of non-good.
    The power of light is stronger than the power of darkness,
    the power of knowledge is stronger than the power of ignorance."
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    Alcuni capire più di quanto si pensi.

Sorry for the frustrations. It's always been standard practice to delete nonEnglish postings to maintain continuity and search abilities.
    We should have perhaps done this years ago...but maybe we could have a special thread in the forum where people can ask Umberto questions in Italian and he can respond in kind?

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Not Frustated. At All ( steak utzi , mi hanno censored Umbertob ) I think it was a waste of chance to open to a wider audience, since my one was a bilingual post , specular (mirrored ) post. I was really posting also in German ( I'm German too ). Then I postponed. I would never keep away all of you posting on languages not to be understood by the majority. Use the translator on Google to ceck it.
    It was not intended to have a crypted messaging with Umbertob.

Thank you Umbertob. I red all posts in all the threads here and in other famous forum , since 2006 ! I' m gonna takin' the choice as you suggested.

Since the winter is arriving , and I' like to have the FBH activated by the timer that is not in my menu, I 'll take the RR06 to have more than an update. Perhaps for that moment I will have also found a cheap Hybrid tuner for DVB-T and have so the patch for that too.
    I will ask before " how much is that doggie in the window !! "

Hasta Luego, o vediamo questa...Hasta sta Hasta

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi all,

Is there any update for this hack ?
    I own a rrs 2005 tvd6 and entering the menu with the pincode... but after that it still not working to enter navigation while driving.

Hope for any help..

Thx

What's the version / year of the navigation DVD you are using? If it is 2007 or newer, the hack won't work anymore. It will only work if you 2005 has the original navigation disc in the drive.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now