Navigation while driving - Hacked! - Page 4
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Navigation while driving - Hacked!

As I posted elsewhere regarding resetting the system after diag code 753:

The system will restart, but it's not quite as quick as a simple ignition recycle like the monitor claims... Turn off the engine, remove the key and wait a good 3/4 minutes. Go have a coffee or something. Then restart. When you see the Land Rover logo, you are home free.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    AWESOME!! I will have to try this!!!
    2005 Range Rover HSE, Adriatic Blue/Parchment/Cherry, Cold Weather Package

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by ludeboy12
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    Ludeboy, you can only use the voice recognition system to route you to destinations previously saved with a voice tag in the built-in address book (I think you can save up to 50 voice tags / addresses or so.) New addresses must be typed into the system (or selected from the database list, in case of POIs) via touchscreen only, which you cannot do while the car is moving - without this trick...

ah ok.....the dealer obviously did not know this or did not feel the need to tell me about the 50 presets.

At any rate thanx for clearning this up.

You actually have a 100 memory points that are avaliable and can be organized in categories like, personal, business, other etc.

Then you have 5 preset destinations and finaly your home location so you can save 106 destinations into the Nav.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Is there a way to turn it back to "normal" mode?

JUNIOR ROVER
    I don't understand your question, 1ton. Just don't enter the PIN the next time you use the system. You are reading the thread, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by British_Rover
    You actually have a 100 memory points that are avaliable and can be organized in categories like, personal, business, other etc.
    British, that's true, but isn't there a limit to the number of nametags you can attach to each stored memory point (to make it retrievable by the voice recog system, without using the touchscreen)? For some reasons I thought you could only record about 50 nametags, but perhaps I am mistaken... I cannot find that info on the manual.

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Hey Umberto,

if you dont mind, I am going to put this handy walk-through on the rrstips.com site... that way, it will all be under one reference page... credit to you of course!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    2006 RRS Java Black/Ebony, Lux Pkg, locking Diff, Sat radio, PTI, Climate Pkg.

Quote Originally Posted by antics22
    Hey Umberto,

if you dont mind, I am going to put this handy walk-through on the rrstips.com site... that way, it will all be under one reference page... credit to you of course!
    I thought you'd never ask! Please, feel free to copy / paste text, pics and whatever else you may need to xfer the info on your rrstips.com site, or any other site where you think this info may be easier to find in the future, since this thread will eventually get buried on page 47 of the forum and may not be so easy to find. This is for the good of the LR community...

Quote Originally Posted by 1ton
    Is there a way to turn it back to "normal" mode?
    What's the deal 1ton? I thought it was only us guys who never read instructions because we think we don't need them... The hack will disappear whenever you park the car and turn off the engine. You will need to reenter the code if you want it to work the next time you start up.

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    Quote Originally Posted by British_Rover
    British, that's true, but isn't there a limit to the number of nametags you can attach to each stored memory point (to make it retrievable by the voice recog system, without using the touchscreen)? For some reasons I thought you could only record about 50 nametags, but perhaps I am mistaken... I cannot find that info on the manual.

You know I am not sure. I have never maxed out the list and none of my customers have either. I don't remember reading anywhere about a maximum number of nametags you can store.

JUNIOR ROVER
    The maximum number of voice tags you can store varies. If you have longer tags, you'll have less space available. The same applies to tags for the PTI system and the notepad feature. 50 is a good guess.

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by grommet
    The maximum number of voice tags you can store varies. If you have longer tags, you'll have less space available. The same applies to tags for the PTI system and the notepad feature. 50 is a good guess.
    Thats kind of what I thought.

It make sense that the maximium number would vary depending on how much data each individual tag was. I know that is the case for the wordpad function.

And who can remember 50+ nametags, anyway?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Can't use hack

I have tried to get to the enter code screen, but nothing happens when I press above the "U" in menu or to the right of it. Is it possible that some of the earlier builds nav's work differently. Someone help please.
    2006 Java Black/Ebony RRS HSE
    Lux/PTI/Sirius/RSE

I don't think it's possible, lemon. All our cars are fitted with the same exact nav system that had been available for over a year on LR3s before the Sport even came out, and it has been widely reported that the hack works just as well on 2005/6 LR3 (and 05/06 RRs, too.)

As I mentioned in a previous reply, press harder on the U of Menu, or just to the right of it, and realize that it may take perhaps up to 7 seconds for the diag PIN entry screen to appear. I also noticed that access to the diag screen appears to fail if the "condition" of your car changes while you are pressing the hidden button. For instance, if you are stationary and get moving (e.g. the "Stored Locations" and "Navigation Set-Up" buttons turn from black to gray) while at the same time pressing the hidden button, the diag screen will not appear, regardless of how long you keep your sore finger there Try again with your car parked and let us know if you succeed...

Another oddity: while the diag PIN entry is displayed on the monitor, voice recog does not seem to operate in my car.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now