Navigation while driving - Hacked! - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Navigation while driving - Hacked!

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Uh, well, err, I'm not sure I understand what you are all getting so excited about. What does 'unlocking the nav system' mean and what will it do for me that it currently is not doing?

Please help me get rid of this stupid sinking feeling I'm experiencing.....[/i]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER
    I posted this elsewhere:

"With this PIN code, you temporarily disable the safety lockouts of the Navigation system.

Many features of the Navigation system are disabled while moving for safety purposes. For example, you can't enter a new address via touchscreen keyboard. Some of the locked out features make sense... you really can't enter a full address by hand while driving safely, etc. But some of them are dumb.

The worst part of the lockout is if I have a passenger. They should be able to use the system fully. With this diag PIN code, they now can."

Jeffrey, if you are not using the nav system, and/or if you always map your route before getting on the road, you don't need the hack. If you or your front passenger ever wished you could enter an address in the navigation system on the fly, while you are already on the way, you will want this hack to avoid having to stop on the side of the road or trying to beat the red light to punch it in before it turns green... It's only a time saver and a convenience, it won't make your car perform any better.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER
    Thank you, gentlemen.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Hack works perfect, Umberto ! many many thanks !

..and I am based in Switzerland so it seems to be exactly the same NAV system for all markets worldwide.
    SOMETIMES YOU'RE THE BUG AND SOMETIMES YOU ARE THE WINDSHIELD !

JUNIOR ROVER
    Tried it on my wife's LR3, but it did not work. When I held the "Navigation" bar for 5 seconds it did not go to the pin code screen. Any advice or are early models not able to use this hack do you think?

I guess it's possible, but I would be surprised if they had not implemented the same access to the Diag PIN screen since day one. Try it again and push a bit harder, right on the "u" of Menu, it may take 6 or 7 seconds... Good luck.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I found it works when your finger is right in center, right above the icon of a MAP PIN.
    '06 RRS HSE :: Zambezi Silver :: Ebony :: LUX :: PTI :: Sirius :: 20" S/C Rims ::

JUNIOR ROVER
    The PIN entry system has been there since day one... it's even in the technical documentation that predates the release of LR3/Disco 3, along with the full diag menu PIN for both systems.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Umberto 4 Pres!!

Now if we can only find a way to eliminate the "nag" screen...
    Bonatti Grey RRS S/C, 20" Stormer Wheels, Lined Oak interior

LEGACY VENDOR
    umbertob you are the man just got back from san diego and was playing with the navigation the whole time. now that is a great find.

next time your in riverside drinks are on me!
    Jeff Zylstra, Owner

FRESHMAN ROVER
    i think im confused here. I was under the impression when i looked at the RRS at the dealer that you could just talk to it. If that is the case then why would you need to punch in something.

Can you not just tell it where you want to go as you are driving??
    06 Cairns Blue RRS - Retired
    12 Orkney Grey RRS Lux

Ludeboy, you can only use the voice recognition system to route you to destinations previously saved with a voice tag in the built-in address book (I think you can save up to 50 voice tags / addresses or so.) New addresses must be typed into the system (or selected from the database list, in case of POIs) via touchscreen only, which you cannot do while the car is moving - without this trick...

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    Ludeboy, you can only use the voice recognition system to route you to destinations previously saved with a voice tag in the built-in address book (I think you can save up to 50 voice tags / addresses or so.) New addresses must be typed into the system (or selected from the database list, in case of POIs) via touchscreen only, which you cannot do while the car is moving - without this trick...

ah ok.....the dealer obviously did not know this or did not feel the need to tell me about the 50 presets.

At any rate thanx for clearning this up.
    06 Cairns Blue RRS - Retired
    12 Orkney Grey RRS Lux

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Just got in from a 3:45 drive from Connecticut to Cape Cod, thanks to umberto i didnt have to pull over to enter things into my gps. its works awesome! thanks a lot, that was a major pain in the ass, having to pull off the road and all. Just hit 12,400 trouble free miles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now