Navigation while driving - Hacked! - Page 2
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Navigation while driving - Hacked!

FRESHMAN ROVER
    sorry.
    2006 RR SC Tonga Green

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SENIOR ROVER
    So far we know of two codes for the pin screen ,I am thinking there has got to be more. Would they really make that whole screen just for two codes?

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Now we just need a hack to bypass the "nag" screen. Get to work boys it has to be out there somewhere because of what was said earlier, the didn't make that screen for only two hacks. Let us know if you come up with some more. Thanks and Great Work

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

JUNIOR ROVER
    There has to be a standard way to enter the diag/debug PIN for the service tech. At this point, there really isn't anything else left to be found. What can't you do? Remember... No debug functions will be permanent. The nag happens first.

FRESHMAN ROVER

This might work ?!

Total shot in the dark here, but I found this part for the anti RR using the same nav system

http://www.coastaletech.com/nav_kit.htm

finding the wire might be a challenge but this could be the answer?! I am
    w/o a mark III ( or RRS) at the moment or it would give it a try.
    2007 Range Rover SC
    2008 Range Rover Sport HSE
    2001 Defender 110 TD5

rrs
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    the toyota system is a denso one? maybe if we ask nicely, the prius peeps will help us rrs folks w/ our nav hack.

JUNIOR ROVER
    There are many vehicles that use Denso based systems... but it doesn't mean it's "the same Nav system." Be careful.

Toyota / Lexus, Cadillac... During my searches I discovered this system is available in different flavors (interface, features) on many brands, even though the access codes are clearly implemented differently. From what I gathered by reading a Cadillac owners forum, the 1791 pin used to work on some 2004/5 Cadillacs to enable front monitor viewing of their rear DVD system. As I mentioned elsewhere, thank goodness those Japanese engineers at Denso lacked the imagination to come up with a new PIN for our cars, even though they implemented it to enable a different feature... The Lexus nav while driving hack is temporary - like the one on our Land Rovers - but the procedure to unlock that capability appears completely different (no code, you instead access a hidden menu by touching the screen in certain unmarked areas.)

The fact that after entering the newly found code our diag PIN entry screen "sticks around" makes me wonder if the system may be expecting an additional code after 1791? Also, have you noticed that pressing the upper left corner of the Navigation Menu - instead of the center - produces a beep after about 5 seconds or so? I have not figured out what that may indicate and/or enable, but that can't be a fluke.

Regarding the Prius thingie. You surely noticed how the nav system / on-board computer does not actually shut down right away when you remove the key from the ignition and the monitor goes dark. It takes at least a couple of minutes - perhaps a bit longer - for the system to actually reset to "original", unhacked status. Until that time has passed, if you restart the engine the monitor goes right back up to where you left it. No Land Rover logo, no nag screen, hack still in place... Perhaps someone has figured out a way to keep the system in the Prius from rebooting by playing with the wiring, maybe bypassing a relay switch, or something like that. If that harness does work, at $99 it would seem too cheap to do much else, and it's only offered for hybrid Highlanders and Priuses, both of which have some big-ass batteries...

Also, here is some interesting information for the computer geeks, from someone who actually analyzed the DVD included in Denso's nav system (in the Prius, but I suspect the one in our cars would have a very similar structure): http://ian.blenke.com/projects/densonav ... ohack.html
    I had never heard of "Kiwi" applied to computers until I read this...

SOLIHULL ROVER
    Well I tried the same procedure on a couple of other Range Rovers and LR3's and they all worked just fine with no problems.

I have no Range Rover Sports in stock but I am sure it would work fine on those as well.

Thaks very much for the help Umbertob you have no idea how many times I have been on a test drive and some one has asked if you can use the nav while driving.

rrs
    FRESHMAN ROVER
    i could understand something very similar to the prius module working for us, i am unsure about a code making the gps's features work all the time though.

one thing that does come to mind would be any sort of "software upgrade" in the future that utilizes one of the rear video inputs, let's say for a reverse cam coupled with some sort of activation code as umbertob has provided.

what would help the most would be a disgruntled ex-denso employee on our forum.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    awesome! now that this is no longer a problem it makes taking RRS on road trips alot easier! thanks alot umbertob!!!

someone mentioned that there is another PIN known, what is it and what does it do?

Andrew
    Black/Alpaca RRS HSE Lux,RSE,CC,SideStep,PTI,Sirius,tint

JUNIOR ROVER
    ado124, read my first reply in this thread... (diag menu)

PIN 753 (you enter it instead of 1791 from the diag PIN screen) allows you to view and troubleshoot different settings in the nav system. I assume this menu is for techs to access and analyze if there is a malfunction in the system, as there appears to be no settings that can be modified from those menus.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by grommet
    ado124, read my first reply in this thread... (diag menu)
    oops, must have missed it!
    Black/Alpaca RRS HSE Lux,RSE,CC,SideStep,PTI,Sirius,tint

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Umberto,
    You are the MAN!
    That was one of the most irrrrritating aspects of owning the Sport.
    Keep up the good work,
    I agree, Bottles of Vino for Umberto everyone!
    RRS SC
    Black, White Int. 22'' Stormers
    "Executive Recruiting at it's Best"
    http://www.bcsresources.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now