What did you do to your Range Rover/ Range Rover SC today?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Range Rover/ Range Rover SC today?

FRESHMAN ROVER

What did you do to your Range Rover/ Range Rover SC today?

How about this for a simple thread. I know a lot of us do simple stuff to our Range Rover everyday and we don't make a new thread for everything we do. So if you did something neat, simple, or just want to brag about a new cool piece you threw on your Range Rover post it up.

I wash and wax mind today
    2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: What did you do to your Range Rover/ Range Rover SC today?

I started my quest to get info on a custom Alcantara headliner. Saw this post below and that was all she wrote.. Looking for shop in SE houston (Clear Lake-Webster) to get it done.

http://www.luxury4play.com/land-rove...-we-built.html
    2012 RRS Supercharged - Orkney Gray

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well .... Apart from cleaning the wheels I actually did not do anything else not even a short drive as it is 118+ degrees F outside

Great thread though .

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Just washed and waxed the Beast today and took a nice drive
    One thing that I purchased from Atlantic British was Forever Black - Tire Gel, I used it today but I'm not too crazy about it, I thought it would give the tires a nice black look, instead they just look dull and greyish.

What is everyone using now a days for a nice black look but not too shiny?

2013 RRS SC Autobiography / Santorini Black Metallic / Pimento/Ebony | 2002 Audi TT ALMS Misano Red pearl effect exterior with a silver Silk Nappa leather interior / Only 500 Were Made.
    2011 RRS SC / Orkney Grey Metallic / Ebony with Ivory contrast stitch Oxford Leather - Sold
    2004 Discovery HSE - Sold
    2000 Range Rover HSE - Sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

[QUOTE=Zero1;348749]Just washed and waxed the Beast today and took a nice drive
    One thing that I purchased from Atlantic British was Forever Black - Tire Gel, I used it today but I'm not too crazy about it, I thought it would give the tires a nice black look, instead they just look dull and greyish.

What is everyone using now a days for a nice black look but not too shiny?[/QUOTE

I use tire wet tire by Black magic, its keeps them shiny as long it dont rain lol
    2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharge

Quote Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
    Just washed and waxed the Beast today and took a nice drive

What is everyone using now a days for a nice black look but not too shiny?
    I've been using Armour All Extreme Tire Shine, but I apply it to a regular sponge and then to the tires. I don't like it real shiny either, this way it comes out perfect for me.
    2012 RRS Supercharged - Orkney Gray

JUNIOR ROVER

kids used it to bring back the horses water bowser, fill it and take it back - er now it's got 9.2mpg displayed - Gggrrrr kids! So just had to check the new style cruise ECU, my wiring into an old style loom still works - HHAAPPPPPYYYYY - patience with the wiring diagrams, common sense and resisting the 'IT'S THE BECM AAARRRGGHHH!' panic moment -- it is SOOOO smooth - the old unit when it worked sped up v.slightly then settled - this new style unit simply takes off from my right foot ie no discernible change.... now to recheck the aircon gas pressure - not as cold as it was methinks (good job I have a big cannister still, bought before prices rocketed)

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Washed at Mobil - "the Works". Used Dawn detergent inside a water spray bottle and a wheel brush to clean the wheels. Works as well, if not better, than P21S. Why Dawn? In the oil spill at the Gulf Coast, environmentalists reported that it was the best item to remove crude oil from birds and other wild life. I figured it may work well to remove brake dust and asphalt bits from the wheels without harming them.

Have body color matched side grilles and noted that the passenger side grille was out a little on top. Turns out I put the grille over the rubber lip edges of the rubber air intake thingy and the topside inserts could not take the tension and broke off. Luckily they were still just sitting there ( likely just happened) . Bought JB Weld steel epoxy mix and re-attached the inserts, ensuring that their backside were filled with the epoxy to provide a good anchor/support. Re-installed the grille, and this time placed the grille directly over the sheet metal and kept the rubber lip inside the sheet metal. Should hold.

Installed Osram Nightbreaker Plus H11 bulbs at the fog positions. After changing the driver's side only, turned them on and could notice a difference with my eyes - not a scientific test but passed my look test. By the way, the fog light assembly is held by 3 T20 torx screws, 2 on one side and 1 on the opposite side. It is rather difficult to engage that 1 screw with the torx screwdriver so I used a 7/64 Allen key with a slender stem and it worked well.

Could not find BG 44K anywhere but found the Techron 12oz bottle on sale at Advanced Autoparts for $4.99. Never used this or any type of fuel detergent in the RR. Plan to use it one tank before my next scheduled oil change after asking the dealer about it.

That's all for today.
    '08 RRS SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

I used mine to retrieve my wife's BMW. Her water pump failed yesterday stranding the car an hour from home. I got a trailer from U-Haul and fetched it. 80mph with a 5 series BMW in tow on a full car hauler in 100 degree temps. My Rover didn't even break a sweat.
    '06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    '04 Land Rover Discovery SE7
    '03 Land Rover Discovery S7 (sold)
    '04 BMW 325xi
    '67 RS Camaro
    '58 NSU Supermax

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by SEOMike View Post
    I used mine to retrieve my wife's BMW. Her water pump failed yesterday stranding the car an hour from home. I got a trailer from U-Haul and fetched it. 80mph with a 5 series BMW in tow on a full car hauler in 100 degree temps. My Rover didn't even break a sweat.
    80 mph towing????? Wow!!! For us folks in California, the maximum speed limit is 55 mph on a two-lane undivided highway for vehicles towing a trailer.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RonRRS View Post
    80 mph towing????? Wow!!! For us folks in California, the maximum speed limit is 55 mph on a two-lane undivided highway for vehicles towing a trailer.
    Luckily in Kansas there are no laws slowing down trailer-towing vehicles on the open road. Also, the speed limits on several of our highways (away from the cities) is 75mph and I'm so used to cruising at 80 that I just kind got into the groove without paying attention. (That's how well our trucks pull heavy trailers!) Kansas is very large and quite boring. Anything we can do to get across it's vast expanses quickly is welcome!

The Uhaul trailer SAYS 55mph but yeah... who really follows THAT?
    '06 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    '04 Land Rover Discovery SE7
    '03 Land Rover Discovery S7 (sold)
    '04 BMW 325xi
    '67 RS Camaro
    '58 NSU Supermax

Quote Originally Posted by Smallbucket View Post
    I've been using Armour All Extreme Tire Shine, but I apply it to a regular sponge and then to the tires. I don't like it real shiny either, this way it comes out perfect for me.
    That's exactly what I was thinking to do next time, I hate spray on thank you!

2013 RRS SC Autobiography / Santorini Black Metallic / Pimento/Ebony | 2002 Audi TT ALMS Misano Red pearl effect exterior with a silver Silk Nappa leather interior / Only 500 Were Made.
    2011 RRS SC / Orkney Grey Metallic / Ebony with Ivory contrast stitch Oxford Leather - Sold
    2004 Discovery HSE - Sold
    2000 Range Rover HSE - Sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

Over the weekend I installed a K&N air filter and replaced the spark plugs. My '06 SC just turned over 78k miles so I figured it was time. Put in NGK Iridium IX plugs. Took about 2.5 hours all said and done. My nearest dealer is over 3 hours away so I end up doing a lot of my own work.

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by AllagashSC View Post
    Over the weekend I installed a K&N air filter and replaced the spark plugs. My '06 SC just turned over 78k miles so I figured it was time. Put in NGK Iridium IX plugs. Took about 2.5 hours all said and done. My nearest dealer is over 3 hours away so I end up doing a lot of my own work.
    Careful with the oil if you applied that to the K&N as that will clog up your MAF and throw some error codes. The plain K&N is ok, BUT if you want a truly exceptional filter, try the Green Cotton Filter. More expensive, but full seal and better breathing than stock or K&N in my opinion.
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Took mine to the dealer for a recurring sunroof leak this morning. After checking the drains back in May, they said I need to replace the intire sunroof glass with seals do to sun and rott. I think these roofs should last more than 4 years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now