OEM LED Driving Lights = $700 OUCH!! - Page 6
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: OEM LED Driving Lights = $700 OUCH!!

Re: OEM LED Driving Lights = $700 OUCH!!

Just got the lights delivered but its missing the manual. Called the dealership that i bought it from and they said they will email me a pdf copy.
    Comparing it to AwfAxis's pictures i think i got all of the parts. Now to figure out the wiring and how to fit the components to the bumper. There is a big yellow sticker on both of the lights saying do not connect to a 12V source without a driver or it will destroy the light. Wondering if the driver they are mentioning is in the actual control module.
    2011 Range Rover Sport Supercharged [Current]
    2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (2012 Facelift) [SOLD]
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

oh but these are such a $ rip off! go with ebay! smh

you look at the parts and what's involved - oem is the only way to go. gl

Quote Originally Posted by freshmaker View Post

Just got the lights delivered but its missing the manual. Called the dealership that i bought it from and they said they will email me a pdf copy.
    Comparing it to AwfAxis's pictures i think i got all of the parts. Now to figure out the wiring and how to fit the components to the bumper. There is a big yellow sticker on both of the lights saying do not connect to a 12V source without a driver or it will destroy the light. Wondering if the driver they are mentioning is in the actual control module.
    Nice, I can't want to see them installed... please post install and pics.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I was planning on doing the install this evening but ran into another road block. The black bezels they sent me are both right hand side instead of right and left. So now im gonna have to wait till Wednesday or Thursday for that to get the right part delivered. I guess in the mean time i can try to test the lights to get the electrical out of the way.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

on the autobio

Quote Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
    on the autobio

Love the Autobio look and i gotta say, your range is stunning from the pics i have seen from other threads.
    Do you happen to have a pic of the headlight leds and the driving lights on at night. Just wanted see how they look at night.
    Thanks

oh but these are such a $ rip off! go with ebay! smh

you look at the parts and what's involved - oem is the only way to go. gl
    I actually bought the OEM from ebay - VPLSV0064. It was from a LR dealership off Florida. I wouldn't put anything other than OEM on my car anyways.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Love the Autobio look and i gotta say, your range is stunning from the pics i have seen from other threads.
    Do you happen to have a pic of the headlight leds and the driving lights on at night. Just wanted see how they look at night.
    Thanks
    oem functionality turns off the LED DRLs when the low beam headlights go on (which entails the headlight aesthetic LEDs to turn on as well). so at night it'll look like any other 2010+ RRS.

i would've preferred to have the DRL LEDs to dim like they do on lexus, audis and other makes, but i don't care enough to tinker around with it. they're just accessory LEDs albeit factory supplied.

hope this helps!

SOPHOMORE ROVER

I actually bought the OEM from ebay - VPLSV0064. It was from a LR dealership off Florida. I wouldn't put anything other than OEM on my car anyways.
    i was typing in metaphor as i bought my set and continue to drive awareness to a land rover dealer who uses ebay as a sell thru. sorry for any confusion

i was typing in metaphor as i bought my set and continue to drive awareness to a land rover dealer who uses ebay as a sell thru. sorry for any confusion
    How about trying to type in English?

'08 RRS HSE Stornoway Gray

Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards.

You guys are bad influence, now I want this also. I contacted the dealer and I got a quote of $740 plus 4 hour install?? Really!

I hate you guys

2013 RRS SC Autobiography / Santorini Black Metallic / Pimento/Ebony | 2002 Audi TT ALMS Misano Red pearl effect exterior with a silver Silk Nappa leather interior / Only 500 Were Made.
    2011 RRS SC / Orkney Grey Metallic / Ebony with Ivory contrast stitch Oxford Leather - Sold
    2004 Discovery HSE - Sold
    2000 Range Rover HSE - Sold

oem functionality turns off the LED DRLs when the low beam headlights go on (which entails the headlight aesthetic LEDs to turn on as well). so at night it'll look like any other 2010+ RRS.

i would've preferred to have the DRL LEDs to dim like they do on lexus, audis and other makes, but i don't care enough to tinker around with it. they're just accessory LEDs albeit factory supplied.

hope this helps!
    Thanks for your quick response. Im planning on wiring the leds without the drive connections and headlight connections to defeat the default setting of it turning off when the headlights are on. I believe AwfAxis wire his the same way.

No worries at all. I think i lucked out on the price via ebay since the set was priced way lower than other ebay dealership sellers.

Hoping to get this project done soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
    You guys are bad influence, now I want this also. I contacted the dealer and I got a quote of $740 plus 4 hour install?? Really!

I hate you guys
    You should get the parts off ebay and maybe have the dealer install it. My dealer quoted me 3hrs install actually so you might want to double check with other who got it installed also. Im planning on doing the job myself (crossing fingers).
    Here is the seller that i purchased it from
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Range-Rover-Sport-Day-Time-Running-Lights-Kit-New-/121099236305?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &vxp=mtr&hash=item1c3213b3d1

T
    here are also other sellers on ebay selling the same but the above seller has the cheapest price with 100% feedback.

You should get the parts off ebay and maybe have the dealer install it. My dealer quoted me 3hrs install actually so you might want to double check with other who got it installed also. Im planning on doing the job myself (crossing fingers).
    Here is the seller that i purchased it from
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Range-Rover-Sport-Day-Time-Running-Lights-Kit-New-/121099236305?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &vxp=mtr&hash=item1c3213b3d1

T
    here are also other sellers on ebay selling the same but the above seller has the cheapest price with 100% feedback.
    Thank you for the link, I will ask my dealer if they install it if I bring my own parts or I can ask them if they can match the price ..

2013 RRS SC Autobiography / Santorini Black Metallic / Pimento/Ebony | 2002 Audi TT ALMS Misano Red pearl effect exterior with a silver Silk Nappa leather interior / Only 500 Were Made.
    2011 RRS SC / Orkney Grey Metallic / Ebony with Ivory contrast stitch Oxford Leather - Sold
    2004 Discovery HSE - Sold
    2000 Range Rover HSE - Sold

I was planning on doing the install this evening but ran into another road block. The black bezels they sent me are both right hand side instead of right and left. So now im gonna have to wait till Wednesday or Thursday for that to get the right part delivered. I guess in the mean time i can try to test the lights to get the electrical out of the way.
    Geez, that dealer owes you one! The electrical is the long pole so get that out of the way and mounting them can be super quick. It'd probably take you until Wed to finish them anyway. I seem to be on the "partial" list when it comes to getting anything regardless of product. Always missing a manual. A part of some sort. It's very frustrating.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now