Clear Headlight Side Markers - Page 3
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Clear Headlight Side Markers

Re: Clear Headlight Side Markers

IMMensaMind, my mind is literally blown.

Great job!
    2006 RRS - Sold
    2010 RR SC - Sold.
    2011 BMW X5 M sport - current.
    2017 Range Rover Sport SC

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rafa
    IMMensaMind, my mind is literally blown.

Great job!
    Thanks, brother....now buy a pair, so I can recoup the cost of this whole fiasco!

Hahah - here's a picture of my now assembled Headlights, complete with Chawton White inner panels, and Umnitza Orion Lite LED Halos, along with my own clear side lenses:

One thing that may or may not be useful to people: I had installed ClearBra headlight protection when I first got the RRS, and I peeled it off on one of the headlights to bake them.

Not necessary.

So, I had to reinstall it on the one I peeled. I suck at installing ClearBra; that's some tough stuff to work with (if you look closely at the pics, you can see a slight variance in the clarity of the lens: that my crappy ClearBra work It's supposed to flatten over time, as it releases trapped air/liquid). On my Overfinch conversion project, I just got done applying it to every part I installed (the front nose; the lower 6 body cladding pieces, and the rear bumper cladding and tire tray). What a PITA, but I hate rock chips more I guess...
    '06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

Custom '03 350Z Track PPW/Nav w/19" Nismo Z34s.

Update: RRSupercharged888's lenses are now percolating in the pressure pot...should be done in a couple of hours...

'06 S/C Overfinch Aero II package, Formerly w/Umnitza Orion Lite UHP LED Halos - now with a totally customized headlight bezel w/Morimoto switchback LED components, ClearBra, Tasmod SS rocker panels; IMMensaMind clear headlight side markers

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER RRSupercharged888's Avatar

. IMMensaMind, do you happen to have a straight shot of the head lamps? I would like to see the size of the halos. The regular beam looks like a good fit but the high beam one looks a little small from the pic. Maybe it's just the angle?
    RR Sport Supercharged

FRESHMAN ROVER

way too awesome!
    I went mod crazy with my previous car and I m glad the mod bug hasn't bit me yet or else I would be ordering those from you.

Quote Originally Posted by RRSupercharged888
    . IMMensaMind, do you happen to have a straight shot of the head lamps? I would like to see the size of the halos. The regular beam looks like a good fit but the high beam one looks a little small from the pic. Maybe it's just the angle?
    Actually, what you're seeing there is the high beam HALO inside the hi-beam bezel: it's a perfect (snug) fit (106mm) that is held with an epoxy. The lo-beam is 120mm.

I wanted the look of two different diameters for these LED rings. I can tell you that it looks really good when lit (I'll be providing a pic when all is assembled).

Just pulled your reflectors from the mould; they turned out great! Just a little trimming/smoothing burrs, and they'll be on their way!

- M

PS: A word of advice: be very gentle with the chrome finish on the beam bezels: it's very fragile (easily ripped off). Do not use tape of any sort when setting the LED rings, or you will pull the finish right off the plastic (found out the hard way )

FRESHMAN ROVER RRSupercharged888's Avatar

Thanks for the advice....I will keep it in mind when I'm working on the lights.
    RR Sport Supercharged

First batch looking to hit the mail later today (if the proper flat-rate boxes appear ):

I thought you got lucky with that one sample in the pictures you posted earlier in the thread, but those four all look good, so that was no fluke... Nice work indeed IM, very impressive workmanship.

SOPHOMORE ROVER

very cool man thx

Quote Originally Posted by umbertob
    I thought you got lucky with that one sample in the pictures you posted earlier in the thread, but those four all look good, so that was no fluke... Nice work indeed IM, very impressive workmanship.
    Thanks, Umberto!

Of course, this is one of those things where you really cannot see how well they turned out unless you're holding it in your hand, so I'll let RRSupercharged888 and skoTner pipe in when they get theirs..

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by IMMensaMind
    First batch looking to hit the mail later today (if the proper flat-rate boxes appear ):

That's high quality indeed! I bet you could get a couple hundred orders...don't forget to post over on RRSPORT.UK, there are several other modders over there as well!

Thanks for the great directions on baking the lenses...once I get thru this crazy busy June I might just indeed order a set...
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

Quote Originally Posted by PJPR01
    Quote Originally Posted by IMMensaMind

That's high quality indeed! I bet you could get a couple hundred orders...don't forget to post over on RRSPORT.UK, there are several other modders over there as well!

Thanks for the great directions on baking the lenses...once I get thru this crazy busy June I might just indeed order a set...
    Thanks for the kind words, Paul - and very good suggestion about RRSPORT.UK (I will do that). I'd be shocked if I got that much interest in these, but that'd really have made this project worthwhile!

We'll see....

JUNIOR ROVER

Wanna do mine too? I'll bring the beer and brats.
    Cheers

Dave

2006 Range Rover Sport HSE
    Bonatti Grey
    Ebony/Ebony
    2010 Supercharged Wheels

FORUM MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Goinkin

Wanna do mine too? I'll bring the beer and brats.
    Good idea! Maybe in the midst of the July heat, we'll do this project!
    PJPR
    13 Orkney Grey RRS HSE Lux
    06 Cairns Blue RRS HSE (200K...sold to a friend)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now