Transmission slipping
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Transmission slipping

FRESHMAN ROVER

Transmission slipping

I have a 2006 Range Rover sport supercharged. The issue I’m having is that shifting from 3-4 gear it will slip quite a bit under throttle and push it back down to third, or it will go up to 5th and go into failsafe. If I am applying little throttle it will stay in 4th but if I apply more throttle it’ll go into 5th and failsafe mode. I replaced the transmission fluid and filled it up to the correct level. I do know the tire profile is a 50 and not 40 like it should be. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Also I did take it to the local rover shop and they said the software is up to date. I did swap the front tires to the rear and so on. The rover shop said I needed a new Transmission that there’s something wrong inside of it. The codes came up with incorrect ratio for 5th and 6th. My next step is to take it to a transmission shop. Is it solenoids? Clutches? I don’t think it’s the torque converter. Maybe valves stator?

WTh
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Transmission slipping

I understand that the message 'incorrect ratio' is based on ratio of inbound revs compared to outbound revs of the gearbox. when outside expected bandwidth, it generates this message. that would indicate slip on the respective disks that hold it in 4th gear. hope this helps

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Quote Originally Posted by WTh View Post
    I understand that the message 'incorrect ratio' is based on ratio of inbound revs compared to outbound revs of the gearbox. when outside expected bandwidth, it generates this message. that would indicate slip on the respective disks that hold it in 4th gear. hope this helps
    So what you’re saying is that the clutches are bad? Or possibly the torque converter?

WTh
    FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Transmission slipping

That I am not 100% sure about; I have heard it can also occur when oil level is not correct;

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now