Noisy Engine
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Noisy Engine

FRESHMAN ROVER

Noisy Engine

Hey guys,

So a few months back I posted about the engine being somewhat noisy. Unfortunately, it seems to have gotten a little worse although it doesn't affect performance. To me, it absolutely sounds like a worn lifter or something like that. Im going to pull the valve cover and see if there any obvious signs like a worn cam. My question is simple: Are these engines known for eating cams or having oiling problems? It is only on the passenger side of the engine by the way and not very audible from the top of the engine, only from the side when you are standing on the passenger side of the truck.

Its a 2009 HSE 4.4

Thanks guys, appreciate any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Noisy Engine

I had an equivalent problem on my 08 LR3 with the 4.4 engine. They never told me what the issue was, but after 60 days, LRNA allowed the dealer to swap out mine for the loaner which was an absolute twin, only difference being a lot less mileage.

The new head came in about a week later, and ten days later the car was on the CPO line, and sold!!
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Lincoln Continental Select 2.7 AWD; 2013 RRSport HSE, 40000 miles (traded); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L X308 BRG 89000 miles (traded on RRS); 08 RRSport SC (sold); 08 LR 3 (traded); 05 LR 3 4.2 (traded); 04 BMW Z4 sold; 01 XJ8 anthracite (for LR 3); 98 Z3 (traded on Z4); 01 S-type 4.0 V8 (traded on XJ8; 99 323 IC (traded on S-type); 94 Deville traded; 88 325IS sold

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now