L320 2.7 Trans Service (is it possibl with Trans installed?)
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: L320 2.7 Trans Service (is it possibl with Trans installed?)

L320 2.7 Trans Service (is it possibl with Trans installed?)

Dear Forum

Is it possible to replace the transmission oil pan and transmission filter on 2.7TD L320 2006. I have done 115k miles. It isn't giving me any of the symptoms but then again I don't want it to. I am looking to do a transmission service. Most of the online videos use LR3s as its easy to remove the transverse member under the transmission. I know there is a separate filter and metal pan available but can I use them on the L320 2.7 (2006). Let me know your thoughts? Phil
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: L320 2.7 Trans Service (is it possibl with Trans install

Hi Phil - yes the metal pan can go on without undoing anything. The front torx bolts are just hard to get at to do them up but a little lateral thinking and a good set of 1/4" drive rachet etc will work well.

You will need to remove all the old bolts in the plastic pan but it will not come off due to the inbuilt oil filter - you will need to either twist the pan to break it off or cut it with a hacksaw.

The new metal pan and removable oil filter goes in pretty easy (except for the mentioned front bolts). Make sure you buy a ZF brand pan and filter as they are designed to go on to the box.

As part of the process you will need to drain all the oil of of all areas of the gearbox, not just a basic drain. Do a search on here for that. Also make sure you know how to correctly refil the box - the engine will need to be running and temp above 35c.

Garry
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

Re: L320 2.7 Trans Service (is it possibl with Trans install

I hope that was helpful.
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now