Sport L320 Valet (emergency) key duplicate
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sport L320 Valet (emergency) key duplicate

FRESHMAN ROVER

Sport L320 Valet (emergency) key duplicate

I have a 2012 Sport L320 and I have tried to get a duplicate “Valet” key, ( the one that is stored inside the remote ), and have not found a locksmith that can make it from an original. Although I have purchased a blank key blade online I have been told that I need a code to have this blade cut. I am a couple of hundred miles from the nearest Land Rover dealership and I was told they would probably charge $90 just to cut the key. Does anybody know how I can get the code to get this key cut?
    Last edited by RRToadHall; June 17th, 2019 at 07:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR Brimill1234's Avatar

Re: Sport L320 Valet (emergency) key duplicate

That’s not a “valet” key. That key is purely for an emergency if you lose power to vehicle and doors are locked. You have to remove the cap in drivers door to expose tumbler lock to enter vehicle.

Actual valet mode mode is enabled thru the infotainment screen and requires a code to be entered to exit the mode once your back in the vehicle.
    2013 RRS HSE LUX Santorini black
    QuickSilver Exhaust
    20" Redbourne Nottinghams

I am a professional so please use caution, I may have enjoyed a few cocktails when I told you to go ahead and try this at home...

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Sport L320 Valet (emergency) key duplicate

Yes I know it’s not technically a valet key but an emergency key to gain entry. If the battery were to loose it’s charge it’s the only way to gain entry and as such it’s an important item. My problem is getting a duplicate made.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now