Door lock not locking?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: Door lock not locking?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Door lock not locking?

I have a 2010 RRS SC with 80k miles. My dad opened the passenger door when I wasn't near by and the alarm went off when I locked it. I noticed that the actual door lock won't move like its stuck. Can't unlock or lock physically, using remote, or by the button. What needs to be replaced? Is it easy to do? or should I just bring it in?

Thanks
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Door lock not locking?

Have same issue on my 2006 RRS 4.4 V8. Been told it's a common problem. Car in the workshop now to hopefully get it sorted.
    Discovery 3 TDV6 - Range Rover Sport L320 4.4 V8 - Range Rover Classic 200tdi

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RRKenya View Post
    Have same issue on my 2006 RRS 4.4 V8. Been told it's a common problem. Car in the workshop now to hopefully get it sorted.
    Ok let me know what the problem was and what I can expect to pay. Thanks

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

First, try a hard battery reset. With key in position one, pull negative cable and touch to positive post for ten seconds. This resets capacitors and various modules. Works for Jags. Worked for my 06 RRS/SC
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Lincoln Continental Select 2.7 AWD; 2013 RRSport HSE, 40000 miles (traded); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L X308 BRG 89000 miles (traded on RRS); 08 RRSport SC (sold); 08 LR 3 (traded); 05 LR 3 4.2 (traded); 04 BMW Z4 sold; 01 XJ8 anthracite (for LR 3); 98 Z3 (traded on Z4); 01 S-type 4.0 V8 (traded on XJ8; 99 323 IC (traded on S-type); 94 Deville traded; 88 325IS sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

Verdict is the mechanical locking mechanism worn out on three of the doors. Now waiting for new locks to arrive from the UK.
    Discovery 3 TDV6 - Range Rover Sport L320 4.4 V8 - Range Rover Classic 200tdi

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now