Headers?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

Thread: Headers?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Headers?

I have searched here and Google and haven't found jack!

Does no one make long tube headers for the 5.0 in a RRS?

It looks like Supersprint makes some for the 05-09 supercharged motors, but not the 10-13.

And before anyone says it, yes I know they would be expensive and yes I know they would be a PITA to install. . . . . i.e. probably engine removal. Also, not looking to debate the merits of headers, pro's, con's, etc. Just looking for a vendor.

Also, only interested in true, equal length long tubes, not shorties or Tri-Y's.
    2012 Range Sport Autobiography Supercharged, Fuji White, 72K
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Headers?

You may play hell location ANY headers featuring equal length primaries. The reason for this is simple. Typically, for the street, equal length primaries offer little in the way of horsepower, especially under 4000rpm. Since few street engines see those rpm's for very long, they are of little benefit. Headers, even shorty, or tri-y's are of benefit on the street, as they enhance evacuating combustion chambers at normal street rpm's. Enhanced combustion chamber evacuation is why headers are in demand. Even shorty headers offer a benefit, but equal length tubes are guilding the lily, especially on the street. Ray

LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR Brimill1234's Avatar

Your not going to find a vendor with them on shelf for a Range Rover as there is no demand for them. Your not asking for debate about pros and cons, undebatable fact is that no vendor has them as there is no benefit aside from making it obnoxiously loud and the cost for the header and install has no benefit for anyone to make them.

Your best option is a set for for a jaguar and then have a shop cut and fit them for a Rover which would in end be cheaper than a custom one off set crafted from flanges to collectors.
    2013 RRS HSE LUX Santorini black
    QuickSilver Exhaust
    20" Redbourne Nottinghams

I am a professional so please use caution, I may have enjoyed a few cocktails when I told you to go ahead and try this at home...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Could not disagree more with this (but this is why I state above that I don't want to argue the merits because I figured someone would chime in with a response like this), I have much personal experience with long tubes and they are magic when added to a street car. They provide torque and hp increases across the board, not just at high RPM. There are thousands of dyno graphs to prove this.

FRESHMAN ROVER

There is plenty of benefit, and those benefits are proven. But I can certainly understand there is no demand in the Range Rover world.

Thanks for all the replies.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RABarrett View Post
    You may play hell location ANY headers featuring equal length primaries. The reason for this is simple. Typically, for the street, equal length primaries offer little in the way of horsepower, especially under 4000rpm. Since few street engines see those rpm's for very long, they are of little benefit. Headers, even shorty, or tri-y's are of benefit on the street, as they enhance evacuating combustion chambers at normal street rpm's. Enhanced combustion chamber evacuation is why headers are in demand. Even shorty headers offer a benefit, but equal length tubes are guilding the lily, especially on the street. Ray
    Could not disagree more with this (but this is why I state above that I don't want to argue the merits because I figured someone would chime in with a response like this), I have much personal experience with long tubes and they are magic when added to a street car. They provide torque and hp increases across the board, not just at high RPM. There are thousands of dyno graphs to prove this.

I would never install shorties or tri-y's as dyno graphs prove they provide very little benefit.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by Brimill1234 View Post
    Your not going to find a vendor with them on shelf for a Range Rover as there is no demand for them. Your not asking for debate about pros and cons, undebatable fact is that no vendor has them as there is no benefit aside from making it obnoxiously loud and the cost for the header and install has no benefit for anyone to make them.

Your best option is a set for for a jaguar and then have a shop cut and fit them for a Rover which would in end be cheaper than a custom one off set crafted from flanges to collectors.
    There is plenty of benefit, and those benefits are proven. But I can certainly understand there is no demand in the Range Rover world.

Thanks for all the replies, but as I state above, I'm not looking for opinions on their merits/performance/cost/sound/whatever.

Knalex01, you really need to accept the reality that what your desire can only be obtained by having it custom made. If you can not come to grips with that fact I will have no choice but to close this thread.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by RRToadHall View Post
    Knalex01, you really need to accept the reality that what your desire can only be obtained by having it custom made. If you can not come to grips with that fact I will have no choice but to close this thread.
    LOL I can accept the reality just fine, that's the reason for the freaking thread, to see what the reality was.

Go ahead and close it - it's obvious folks can't read and respond to an OP's actual request. If you don't know of a vendor, then there is no need for someone to even respond to the thread.

BTW just noticed the duplicate posts above, that was an accident.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now