Driver side floor is soaking wet.
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driver side floor is soaking wet.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Driver side floor is soaking wet.

Hi guys, few days ago noticed drivers side floor carpet is soaking wet.
    Disassembled everything there and trying to dry it up. Cleaned front sunroof drains, replaced L side connector. Water is still coming. I am looking under the dash and do not see and wet residue, it is dry under A-pillar, looks dry everywhere and water appears out of nowhere. Any suggestions, greatly appreciated. Pooring few bottles of water in to sunroof drip pan did not produce any water inside so it is likely out of some other source.
    2013 RRS SC, Fuji White with Almond/Mocha int. 80K ml

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Driver side floor is soaking wet.

Haven't dealt with this before but you might want to check for water pooling under your windshield wiper cowling.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hi. Thanks. The biggest challenge was, that I have spent quite a bit of time looking all over that area and could not not locate the traces of water, no white stains nor anything wet higher then floor itself. The wall where pedals are is dry and kick panel side - a little area on the left is dry as well, wires are dry, few modules mounted there were dry. I think I found the problem today - hopefully. Picture attached - A pillar, once I have pulled off the door seal, water pretty much squirted trough that little opening. There goes my answer as to why I could not trace the leak anywhere. Water was coming down VIA inner portion of the door seal, sort of wicking down and collecting on the floor area.
    I am thinking it seeps trough A-Pillar cover clips. Have ordered those clips and sealed the cover with electrical tape, hopefully it will hold the day or two.Driver side floor is soaking wet.-20190512_154058.jpgDriver side floor is soaking wet.-20190512_122147.jpgDriver side floor is soaking wet.-20190511_181518.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

I'm through this as I type. My dashboard had been ruined too as the heat has shrunk it to death.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Either side of the console at the floor you have two drain tubes. They are clogged and full of water. Clean them out and your carpet will be dry again.
    BigWhiteBison, 2008 Range Rover Sport SC - acquired December 2, 2013 (99,000 km), Off-white Exterior, Tan Interior, GAP IIDTool. Rebuilt compressor, good as new, thank you eBay. Swapped out front lower control arm bushings for orange poly, now she stands up pretty and runs straight and true. Full laser four wheel alignment after having fronts shred down to cords. Arnott front struts. New rims and wheels for summer. Passenger side head and accessories, new belts, PCV and rear passenger air strut.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Sir, thanks for your input. As I mentioned already, I have resolved the issue. Water was not coming from the drain tubes. I was the first thing we checked. Water was getting in from the clip holes from under A-Pillar cover, trough the opening in the pic, wicked down VIA inner side of a door seal and collected down on the floor. Once we had removed the cover, installed new clips with some additional silicone around the openings - issue was resolved.

Cool. Around here it always seems to be the tubes. 😉
    BigWhiteBison, 2008 Range Rover Sport SC - acquired December 2, 2013 (99,000 km), Off-white Exterior, Tan Interior, GAP IIDTool. Rebuilt compressor, good as new, thank you eBay. Swapped out front lower control arm bushings for orange poly, now she stands up pretty and runs straight and true. Full laser four wheel alignment after having fronts shred down to cords. Arnott front struts. New rims and wheels for summer. Passenger side head and accessories, new belts, PCV and rear passenger air strut.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now