2011 Sport
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2011 Sport

2011 Sport

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and in the process of thinking about purchasing a 2011 Sport. 55k miles on it for $25k Car is extremely clean. I am very interested in this car, but slightly concerned about potential maintenance costs ahead of me. I am fairly mechanical and can fix a decent amount on my own, but trying to get a gauge as to what kind of project I am getting into. I drive 19k miles a year for work and need a reliable car. I have driven this car and loved it, but don't want something that is going to break down on me every other month. I don't mind putting some money into it each year, but not looking to have it sit on a tow truck twice a year. Lastly, I'm not looking to spend more than $3k a year in maintenance work. What typically fails on these cares with this type of mileage? Would I be safe for two years? what is the best year for these sport models?

Appreciate any help you can provide as I am new to these cars.

Thanks,
    Tyler

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: 2011 Sport

Are you getting all of the maintenance records? If yes, you will have it's full history and very little to worry about.

If not it'll be crap shoot. The end of run years of the L320's are are considered to be very reliable
    "The power of good is always stronger than the power of non-good.
    The power of light is stronger than the power of darkness,
    the power of knowledge is stronger than the power of ignorance."
    ~ Maharishi Mahesh Yogi~

FRESHMAN ROVER

Our 2011 has proven to be pretty reliable for our first 2 years of ownership. Here are a few of the top issues to consider:

1 - timing chain tensioners are known to prematurely wear out and need replacement. I've seen quotes ranging from $3k to $6k to repair. FYI this issue was addressed by Land Rover for the 2012-13 models. There are more and more folks successfully doing this repair themselves.

2 - Suspension bushings are known to wear out and begin to make creaking noises

3 - The electric fan clutch is a known failure item that begins to make a rhythmic ticking noise. The fan runs around $500.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnV View Post
    Our 2011 has proven to be pretty reliable for our first 2 years of ownership. Here are a few of the top issues to consider:

1 - timing chain tensioners are known to prematurely wear out and need replacement. I've seen quotes ranging from $3k to $6k to repair. FYI this issue was addressed by Land Rover for the 2012-13 models. There are more and more folks successfully doing this repair themselves.

2 - Suspension bushings are known to wear out and begin to make creaking noises

3 - The electric fan clutch is a known failure item that begins to make a rhythmic ticking noise. The fan runs around $500.
    This is exactly what I have experienced. I also had SC coupler replaced with timing chain tensioners.
    2011 Range Rover Sport SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

Greetings! I have a 2011 RRS LUX for 2 years. It had 72k when I got it. I did lower control arms, sway bar bushing, front rotors and all pads (aftermarket) @85k under $600. I change oil 5k mobile 1 walmart and oil filter every 10k ac delco filter amazon. Spark plugs, cheap washable air filter amazon. Diff and transfer case [email protected] 100k. that Plastic coolant tube that goes under intake cracked I changed it and water pump aftermarket 102k less than $200. I did all the work myself. I also have an Gap IID that has paid for itself twice over, and fun to play with. I haven't had any issues with the timing tensioners , transmission, air suspension so far. Few other little knick knacks that you get with all cars, marker lights etc... Every now and then I like to hear those V8 horses talk. I did a 1k round trip, a month ago, 90-95 mph sweet cruising. I'm at 117k. Hopefully my engine and transmission hold up, I think I can manage the rest. I'm shooting for 4-500k. She runs like a champ. Also I heard the cleaner it is the better it runs. This forum is a money saving RRS bible.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now