Climate control turns itself on?
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Climate control turns itself on?

FRESHMAN ROVER

Climate control turns itself on?

I've had this issue for a few months intermittently and with the coming of the warm weather it's bugging me more and more. The climate control in my 08 4.4 HSE will turn itself on while I'm driving and it's annoying the hell of of me. It'll always turn on to whatever setting I left it on before I turn it off but usually within a minute or within seconds of hitting the 'off' button it'll come right back on. I appreciate the initiative and all that but sometimes I just want to just drive with the windows down without having to finger fight this thing into submission. Anyone dealt with this? I can't find any info on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Climate control turns itself on?

Bump. I might just park the car until November. This is insanely frustrating.

pull the fuse out.
    2012 TDV8 Black Edition

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by buba View Post
    pull the fuse out.
    I've been thinking along the lines of that lol... Going to go with something more permanent and put a switch in the footwell when I install a new head unit and GPS for the upper and lower screens. Only the best for my baby

Have you checked the actual switch is working OK - you say climate control comes back on within about a minute of switching it off which indicates it could be a simple switch issue.

As an alternative have you tried leaving climate control on but switching to econ - that way the air con is off and only outside air/or internal if on recirc is coming in and you can quite happily drive around with you windows are down.

Garry
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    Have you checked the actual switch is working OK - you say climate control comes back on within about a minute of switching it off which indicates it could be a simple switch issue.

As an alternative have you tried leaving climate control on but switching to econ - that way the air con is off and only outside air/or internal if on recirc is coming in and you can quite happily drive around with you windows are down.

Garry
    Yes I've played with all the switches and knobs trying to see if anything was out of the ordinary. I'm starting to think the the CCM is malfunctioning.

That's a good idea, I'll have to try that alternative in the mean time. I'm trying to fix the issues myself on this car one at a time, kind of frustrating since it still seems to still outpace me and my wallet

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now