4x4 Info Display Says One Thing, GAP IID Says Another...
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4x4 Info Display Says One Thing, GAP IID Says Another...

FRESHMAN ROVER

4x4 Info Display Says One Thing, GAP IID Says Another...

I was fiddling around with my Gap tool tonight and decided to browse the CCF section when I discovered, to my bemusement, that Gap thought my RRS was not fitted with a locking rear diff. However my 4x4 info display clearly indicates, as I understood it, that I do have a locking rear diff (see attached images). Not sure what to think here. Has anyone else noodled about in this area? I can't cross reference with Topix as it didn't start recording detailed vehicle specs until the Gen2 L320 and the Gap forum is pretty much dead so I decided to post here.

4x4 Info Display Says One Thing, GAP IID Says Another...-img_0215.jpg4x4 Info Display Says One Thing, GAP IID Says Another...-img_0216.jpg
    || 2006 Range Rover Sport L320 || 100k+ mile club || SoCal ||
    || Both Diff Locks || LR3 18"s || BFG All Terrain T/A K02s ||
    || Follow The Trail...Of Money - https://20k.com/roverlog/ ||

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Premium Member

Re: 4x4 Info Display Says One Thing, GAP IID Says Another...

Lock indicates the open/closed state of the diff, not necessarily what you're fitted with. My display shows the same and it's always unlocked because I have no diff
    2006 Java Black Range Rover Sport HSE | 1995 Alpine White Defender 90 SW #317/500
    Northern CA Land Rover Club | Tread Lightly Tread Trainer

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well drat. That's a bummer. Thought I had done enough research to know the rear lock icon (be it open or closed) was indicative of being fitted in the rear. Between posts here and other forums, and even on advisement from an instructor at the Land Rover Experience/Quail Lodge, I thought that was the indicator to look for, short of getting it on a lift to check...which I admittedly didn't do.

Oh well, still love my sport.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I am in the same boat as you. I thought I had the rear electronic locking diff because it showed the icon on the screen. I didn't discover it wasn't equipped until I had it in the snow with the 4x4 info screen up. When the wheels started to slip it would show the center diff locking and the rear would always stay unlocked no matter what. That's when I decided to crawl under the vehicle and look at the diff and lo and behold, no electronic locker to be found! Definitely a deceiving feature on the 4x4 info screen.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Well, looking on the bright side, center lock and low range is better than none at all!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now