'06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: '06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc

FRESHMAN ROVER

'06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc

Interested in seeing how well it all fits? Follow along!

'06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc-img_7931.jpg

'06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc-img_7979.jpg

'06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc-img_8001.jpg

More to come...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: '06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc

Where did you get the ARB bumper? All I've been able to find is for LR3.

FRESHMAN ROVER

wow. going to be awesome for sure. what's the actual size of the tires?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ExTrumpet View Post
    Where did you get the ARB bumper? All I've been able to find is for LR3.
    It will be a LR3 bull bar - there are no specific bars for the RRS. They go on with a little modification to the mounts.

DSCN2686

2013-03-27_16_04_05
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

Garrycol, what is that antenna used for. If that was here in the US I would say it is for a 30k watt radio station... my word that is massive and may limit travel in the woods.
    2006 RRS LUX, Rimini Red, Alpaca leather, 275/65 R18 Terra Grappler G2s, 1.5" lift, RSE, reclining rear seats, Resonator delete (all), SAT

HAM radio and CB... of course according to Ron Beckett front mounting like that is highly illegal in Australia... you cause even more injuries to a pedestrian on their way under.
    When dealing with yourself, act with your brain
    When dealing others, act with your heart.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Garry, actually this isn't an LR3 ARB. It's an LR4 Summit ARB. And no modification to the mounts. Does require other custom work to fit to the RRS, especially a Supercharged model.
    Only seen 1 other RRS in the USA with this style ARB. More pics to come if moderators will allow...
    '06 RRS 4.2SC

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    It will be a LR3 bull bar - there are no specific bars for the RRS. They go on with a little modification to the mounts.
    Garry, while an ARB for '05-09 LR3 will fit the RRS(as you show in the 2 pictures), mine is actually an ARB Summit for the '14-16 LR4; updated larger foglights, clear foglight covers, and different cut on the bumper's "side wings" as an LR4's fender flare wraps further down to the ground (compare this with the the LR3 where the upper bumper side edge is straight as it travels towards the tire). So, fitting the ARB Summit from the LR4 to the requires custom metal "inserts" to be fabricated, which will take up the space between the side wing and fender. Now, also depending on the tire size, you may have to make other mods...for example the large 275/70/18(33.16") tires I have fitted, are now contacting the ARB's "side wings" where they face the front tires(near wheelwell liner) and ARB lower bumper shrouds.
    '06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc-img_8038.jpg

Also needed for this bumper on the Supercharged engine (the same may be needed for the LR3 bumper, I haven't fitted one to a RRS) is relocation of the supercharger's air/oil cooler. Also needed to build a custom wiring harness for the PDC(parking sensors), custom 9006 pigtails for the foglight wiring. I lost my ACC but working on configuring standard Cruise Control. But I feel it's all worth it for the updated ARB look.
    Added 2 ARB Intensity 9.7" LED's (ARB USA suggests that for LHD, a spot beam on the driver side, flood on the passenger side).
    '06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc-img_8068.jpg
    '06 RRS 4.2SC

Yes as you have an earlier RRS I assumed it was the matching LR3 bar. While we have LR3/4 bars fitted to many RRS here, it is actually illegal, even if they fit as the bar has to pass compliance for the car type it is fitted to - and carry the appropriate compliance plate. None of the manufacturers such as ARB, Opposite Lock and ECB have gone down the route of compiling their LR3/4 bars for the RRS.

The large aerial fitted to the black RRS is a HF aerial fitted for outback communications. Was very common once a time but with the advent of cheap satphones they are becoming less common. Noting that Australia is the same size as mainland USA and unlike the US there is still nothing in the middle - virtually no infrastructure, no mobile phones except around some settlements. If you have an accident it is a long wait and if medical attention is required the Royal Flying Doctor Service will probably have to be used to fly in and pick you up in their flying ambulances. So in the good old days you would call for help on your HF radio.

Yes - the HF aerial is illegal to be mounted at the front because it blocks vision from the drivers seat - these days it would be normally mounted at the back of the vehicle on the spare wheel bracket or one made up.
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

FRESHMAN ROVER

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    Yes as you have an earlier RRS I assumed it was the matching LR3 bar. While we have LR3/4 bars fitted to many RRS here, it is actually illegal, even if they fit as the bar has to pass compliance for the car type it is fitted to - and carry the appropriate compliance plate. None of the manufacturers such as ARB, Opposite Lock and ECB have gone down the route of compiling their LR3/4 bars for the RRS.

The large aerial fitted to the black RRS is a HF aerial fitted for outback communications. Was very common once a time but with the advent of cheap satphones they are becoming less common. Noting that Australia is the same size as mainland USA and unlike the US there is still nothing in the middle - virtually no infrastructure, no mobile phones except around some settlements. If you have an accident it is a long wait and if medical attention is required the Royal Flying Doctor Service will probably have to be used to fly in and pick you up in their flying ambulances. So in the good old days you would call for help on your HF radio.

Yes - the HF aerial is illegal to be mounted at the front because it blocks vision from the drivers seat - these days it would be normally mounted at the back of the vehicle on the spare wheel bracket or one made up.
    Hi Garry, thanks for the heads up on the AUS scene. So what is the repercussion if they get stopped by the police for something else, and can't provide the appropriate compliance plate? Have to remove the bumper, show a judge proof of such (what we call a fix-it ticket here in the USA)?
    '06 RRS 4.2SC

If the vehicle is caught (realistically unlikely) then the vehicle will be defected - will be some sort of fine, removal of the bar and a new roadworthy inspection.

Most likely to be picked up if the car has to do a roadworthy inspection such as change of ownership or maybe an annual inspection but the inspector would need to know which is unlikely . The real issue is if there is an accident where there could be insurance implications.
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

FRESHMAN ROVER

They got the 275/70/18 tires on the Compomotive PD1881's. Supposedly experiencing some rubbing at full lock. Now time for some slight trimming I'm told. Should do well offroad once clearanced, and I'm loving the look.

'06 RRS SC; fitting 33s on Comp's, ARB bumper, etc-img_8050.jpg
    '06 RRS 4.2SC

What is your plan on how to deal with the issue of the tyres on the body work if the suspension has a hissy fit and it goes down to the bump stops?

My advice would be an emergency EAS inflation kit so that you can pump up each corner individually with a tyre air compressor so bypassing the car's systems. Of course if you had a split airbag ir would not help but then you would be in deep do do anyway.

Are you using rods or a height controller like LLAMS to get lift over your tyres? I have LLAMS and would be lost without it and I only run 265/60R18.

Garry
    Range Rover Sport
    2.7 TDV6

FRESHMAN ROVER

I am running the Proud Rhino SYA kit on mine. There is no place for the front limit straps to mount but the rears are same as the lr3-lr4.

Are there any concerns with running a high lift and putting undue stress on the CV joints? Seems like they may be close to binding? I do know the lift changes the alignment and it may be a good idea to have it checked once the lift is completed. I run about 2" lift and that required some adjustments on the rack.
    It looks great by the way.
    2006 RRS LUX, Rimini Red, Alpaca leather, 275/65 R18 Terra Grappler G2s, 1.5" lift, RSE, reclining rear seats, Resonator delete (all), SAT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now