Winter Tires/3 M gaurd
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Winter Tires/3 M gaurd

FRESHMAN ROVER

Winter Tires/3 M gaurd

Hello everyone, I was just at the dealer talking to our salesman. I have a quick question for the day, what are most RRS drivers using for winters. Do you switch them out for 19' and winter or are others doing something else. Also, has anyone put on the 3M chip gaurd (is it worth the 5 bills they want to charge). Thanks for the input guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Winter Tires/3 M gaurd

I run my stock 19's and Pirelli Scorpions.

Go to your local tint place and price out the clear bras. I think you can do way better than a dealers price.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I use the OEM 20" Stormer's with 275/40/20 Blizzak DM-V1's for my winter shoes. I've also got a 3M clear bra on my RRS which in my opinion is a must for the the Montana roads which get tons of gravel/sand in the winter months.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

$500 is an outright bargain for a full kit. i spent about $750 on the west coast here for the ventureshield film which was bought out by 3m. ventureshield tends to show less than the 3m film.

it's a must. even in 300 miles, my brand new front bumper showed 12 chips and this is on clean roads.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I also run stock stormer 20's and blizzaks, great combo for winter roads. And I 2nd going to a private tint shop and get a quote there, you definitely NEED a clear bra.

FRESHMAN ROVER

Hey everyone, thanks for all the info. I called a few tint shops around the GTA and they about 250.00 3M certified guys. So I think i'll we'll go with them and save a few hundred! As for the winters I think we will try out the RR with the stock 20's and when winter rolls around consider throwing on some winter and then getting new set or rims and shoes for the summer.

FRESHMAN ROVER

I run 19s and MT/Rs for the winter, along with a Johnson Rods lift kit. I just bought a set of 22" Stormer replicas and a Johnson Rods lowering kit for the summer.

MT/Rs are not as good as a real snow tire, but between the tires and the traction control, I only scared myself once coming down an icy hill in Tahoe, and went up to ski in a few serious storms - 3 foot dump and 8 foot dump. I was really impressed by the performance over my old P38 RR. This is the West Coast, where you don't see a lot of ice.

It's supposed to dump 12"+ tomorrow, thinking I'm headed up
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged - DD, Tow, Snow, and Show
    2011 Ariel Atom - track toy
    1983 F-250 - Ranch truck
    1999 Range Rover (sold)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now