Water pump
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water pump

FRESHMAN ROVER

Water pump

I've got a 2013 rrs SC with 81k miles. I was recently at the dealer for servicing. They told me my water pump is starting to leak, not a big deal but probably needs to be replaced in the next 6 to 12 months. Does this make any sense? I would think if it was leaking it needs to be replaced ASAP. Any thoughts?
    2013 RRS SC Autobiography Santorini Black

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

SOPHOMORE ROVER

Re: Water pump

Leak will only get worse. And maybe not at a good time. Change it now if you can smell coolant.
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Lincoln Continental Select 2.7 AWD; 2013 RRSport HSE, 40000 miles (traded); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L X308 BRG 89000 miles (traded on RRS); 08 RRSport SC (sold); 08 LR 3 (traded); 05 LR 3 4.2 (traded); 04 BMW Z4 sold; 01 XJ8 anthracite (for LR 3); 98 Z3 (traded on Z4); 01 S-type 4.0 V8 (traded on XJ8; 99 323 IC (traded on S-type); 94 Deville traded; 88 325IS sold

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I don't smell coolant, I find it odd the dealership didn't tell me to change it now.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

Re: Water pump

They are pretty common to leak. Usually it is more of a seep and the coolant tends to coagulate. Its pretty rare that a dealer will not just recommend it and take your money since the techs are mostly paid a flag hour and writers are paid on commission for sales. I would look at it to see if it is actually leaking and if it is then replace it right away. On a side note there is a coolant y pipe right behind the water pump that tends to crack(split the seam) Land Rover updated that part from what i understand and is worth replacing possibly as preventive maint as to not have a roadside failure.

I always tell customers coolant leaks you dont mess with and always fix since they can easily cause overheating wand engine damage. Oil leaks you fix only if they are causing a problem, cars leak oil.

FRESHMAN ROVER
    Thanks think I'm going to just get it replaced, anything else worth doing as preventative maintenance while they are in there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now