Range Rovers Forum banner

Should I buy? 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE Lux 81k miles

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  David_h 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to this page. I also am new to Range Rovers. I was hoping to have some help, I am interested in purchasing a 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE Lux with 81k miles on it. The car's asking price is $18,000. Is the car worth it? The car is from a BMW dealership, I am just concerned for the miles. How many miles do 2012 Range Rovers usually last? I realize I am asking a lot of questions here LOL I'm sorry about that. Im just looking to get some insight of if I should make this purchase.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Have you checked it’s carfax? I bought a used 2012 RRS supercharged a year ago with 70k and bought the extended warranty and within 3 months had the timing chain replaced by the LR dealer. It wasn’t necessary but figured I’d get it done before it was needed and the dealer helped me with the insurance company. I think that saved me about $2500.

Other than that one of the suspension struts went out and along with a few other parts being replaced cost me roughly $1700.

18k sounds like a good price but it’s the maintenance and OEM parts that cost an arm and a leg. If you can take it to a body shop to see if it’s been repaired/repainted and if you have a mechanic that can run a diagnostic to see if there are any issues, that might be a consideration.

Do I regret buying my RRS? Absolutely not, I love my ride. I had a 2003 disco II for years and missed that truck tremendously. The RRS is the perfect car without being too big and it’s fast as hell.

#3 ·
I should also mentioned I’ve driven my RRs cross country about 5 times and have put over 60k in the past year. I travel with my dog everywhere and this past year has been one big road trip. Timing chain, strut, regular oil changes, new brakes and a new set of AT tires is all that I’ve had to put into it keep it on the road but I’ve also done some performance mods and upgrades just bc I’m insane.

#4 ·
Cant say how long they last but would guess the Jag engine should be good for along time if properly maintained. I just picked up a 1-owner 2011 RRS HSE Lux in very good shape with 75,000 miles and purchased a 3-year warranty. Glad I did because needed new compressor and bits for air suspension. $1700 value but no cost to me. I highly recommend warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.