restricted performance warning
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: restricted performance warning

restricted performance warning

Hi guys, I'm desperate to solve the mystery of a red warning símbol "restricted performance" in my RR sports Hse 2009 year. I have taken it several times to a RR dealership but they are hopeless. They said that it was related to water in fuel but I think this is simply a lie to get rid of me. Does anyone out there know what this means and what can we do to get rid of it.
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    M
    Last edited by RRToadHall; October 27th, 2018 at 08:58 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Re: restricted performance warning

Restricted performance will have nothing to do with water in the fuel. If you had the SC version it could be due to the SC coolant pump being wired backwards. The codes need to be read by someone with dedicated LR diagnostic equipment to tell what is triggering the error message. If the dealership is unwilling to do that for you, it's time to find an Independent shop
    You’ve got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know… morons.

~ Jim, Blazing Saddles

Re: restricted performance warning

Thank you so much for your reply. The dealers are just overriding the message but as soon as I have driven for about an hr, the warning comes up. they reckoned that there must have been water in the diesel in one of the fuel pumps that i used at a petrol filling station and they thought that it would disappear when I filled the tank with "cleaner" diesel a couple of times, but it has not made a little bit of difference.
    Many places in the UK wont touch the RR and expect you to take it to the dealership; so this is becoming a big issue for me!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Mine RR sport 2010 was going on limp mode and the fault was permanent, I took it to dealership ( biggest mistake and waste of money ) charged me £180 and told me they need 2 more hours to investigate the issue and asked for £360 more .i was so upset that dealership can’t find the fault and just trying to rip me off , got the car back and tried fixing it myself the code was P0193 fuel pressure sensor which was replaced 3 times but the problem was not gone , checked the wiring ( it’s 3 wires sensor ) wires were ok too but I didn’t give up and spent days on it to find out the problem and it turned out a fuel pressure sensor connector basically the middle pin of the connector was loose and not touching the sensor ,somebody told me to check the connector so I replaced the connector and all sorted 👍👍👍👍 it was only a tiny issue causing such big problems coz the car wasn’t going above 30mph and when go uphill it was almost 5mph no power what so ever .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now