How to install halos or paint headlight bezels pics - Page 4
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net – General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How to install halos or paint headlight bezels pics

Re: How to install halos or paint headlight bezels pics

Hey fellas, does anyone know what two sizes of led rings I would need for a Vogue?? or are they the same as a sport?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=mbp;288988]Now your pretty much done its time to clean everything and reinstall everything back together. I made sure everything under a bright light that there was no finger prints, dirt, plastic shavings anything at all the lenses looked like mirrors under the light. I had my headlight bezel painted zermatt Silver to match and put the clear side marker lense on which has a tab at the top and peel and stick the 3m tape on the bottom. Far as reinstalling everything else its just in the reverse order it all goes back on just like it came off. To get the lense and headlight housing back together I just placed them together and put them on my chest and pulled really tight sealing them back pretty simple.

Hey MPB, & thanks for this INTUITIVE info, as I am about to paint my bezels black; my question is, where did you find the clear side strips? I've search but to no avail so far. I did see another RRS (on YouTube) that had what appeared to be a DRL strip on place of where the side strip was; looks very nice, but I want to keep it simple & just change the 1 bulb with an LED & this clear strip like you have...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR Brimill1234's Avatar

Looks like it's just light diffuser he cut to fit. Available at most any big box home improvement store.
    2013 RRS HSE LUX Santorini black
    QuickSilver Exhaust
    20" Redbourne Nottinghams

I am a professional so please use caution, I may have enjoyed a few cocktails when I told you to go ahead and try this at home...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brimill1234 View Post
    Looks like it's just light diffuser he cut to fit. Available at most any big box home improvement store.
    HA! Didn't even cross my mind! Thanks Brimill!..

FRESHMAN ROVER

Great tutorial! Great help when installing my LED rings. Also painted the bezel black to match grill.

How to install halos or paint headlight bezels pics-2014-05-11-16.05.08.jpgHow to install halos or paint headlight bezels pics-2014-05-11-16.04.jpg

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SCar View Post
    Great tutorial! Great help when installing my LED rings. Also painted the bezel black to match grill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-11 16.05.08.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	116.0 KB 
ID:	72194Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-11 16.04.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	72202

Sean
    Sweet! I'm about to do the same with my bezel! Sean, where or what did you do to get that strip to replace the Orange reflector?..

Quote Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
    Sweet! I'm about to do the same with my bezel! Sean, where or what did you do to get that strip to replace the Orange reflector?..

I cut mine from a fluorescent light diffuser bought at my local hardware.. They even cut me a deal since the piece I picked had a crack..since I will only need two small pieces from it, I took it..
    <a href=https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/members/13043-rj23xpress-albums-range-rover-pics-picture15641-dad-son.jpg target=_blank>https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/mem...41-dad-son.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Rj23xpress View Post
    I cut mine from a fluorescent light diffuser bought at my local hardware.. They even cut me a deal since the piece I picked had a crack..since I will only need two small pieces from it, I took it..
    Thanks Sean! Som1 else made that suggestion as well, so I guess that is the way to go with it...

My apologies Rj23; I just realized I have u som1 else's name! Haha. Sorry about that...

V'welllll!!! Thanks to the great group of ppl on here, I built up enough confidence to paint my bezels black! I'll post picks once I get her all cleaned up, because I also just recently got the GLOHH taillights, Chrome y'all pipes & chrome sport bumper trim; soon as I get her looking good I'll post! Thanks again to all of you here...

FRESHMAN ROVER

V'welllll!!! Thanks to the great group of ppl on here, I built up enough confidence to paint my bezels black! I'll post picks once I get her all cleaned up, because I also just recently got the GLOHH taillights, Chrome y'all pipes & chrome sport bumper trim; soon as I get her looking good I'll post! Thanks again to all of you here...

How is the quality on the Glohh lights? Heard that the indicator and reverse lights could be brighter?

Sean

FRESHMAN ROVER

I actually got these off a mate in the UK that had them made especially for the job. I believe they were moulded copies of the original. Can try and find out more.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SCar View Post
    How is the quality on the Glohh lights? Heard that the indicator and reverse lights could be brighter?

Sean
    I will agree that the reverse lights aren't as Bright as what we're used to with the factory lights, but the lights look farkin great!!! But in all honestly, that's the only thing I found myself saying, was that the reverse could be brighter; but like I say, I believe that's just because we're so used to the factory; it's only 2 LED's vs the big strip; all the other lights, including indicators, are fine to me though.. (I'm rambling now) but I have 2 Infinitis (old J30 & a M37x) & the I remember the 1st night I backed up into my garage with RRS, my thoughts were "dagggg these lights are Bright!!!" Just sayin that say that were MUCH brighter than what I was used too on my other cars...

FRESHMAN ROVER

I will agree that the reverse lights aren't as Bright as what we're used to with the factory lights, but the lights look farkin great!!! But in all honestly, that's the only thing I found myself saying, was that the reverse could be brighter; but like I say, I believe that's just because we're so used to the factory; it's only 2 LED's vs the big strip; all the other lights, including indicators, are fine to me though.. (I'm rambling now) but I have 2 Infinitis (old J30 & a M37x) & the I remember the 1st night I backed up into my garage with RRS, my thoughts were "dagggg these lights are Bright!!!" Just sayin that say that were MUCH brighter than what I was used too on my other cars...

Have you got any pictures? Or maybe a youtube video, always hard to catch how the light are when taking photos.

Sean

Hey Sean, here's the thread I have quite a bit of pics in; Chk this out, & let me know if you still want to see a vid as well...

https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76665

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now