Flushing power steering fluid
  1. Welcome to RangeRovers.net Ė General discussion forum for Range Rovers

Welcome to RangeRovers.net - a website dedicated to all things Range Rovers.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join RangeRovers.net today!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flushing power steering fluid

FRESHMAN ROVER

Flushing power steering fluid

Has anyone flushed their power steering fluid? If so what fluid did you use? Iíve decided to do mine and I did just like like the workshop manual says to do but now Iím having loud pump noise yet steering seems normal and soft. Made sure to top it off and bleed the system. The fluid I used is the one from Atlantic British and itís the aftermarket one not the genuine Land Rover.
    12í RRS supercharged, 120k Miles

2. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER
    I use a turkey baster. Drain and fill . Then for go for a drive and repeat the process.

Re: Flushing power steering fluid

I have L322 but it should be similar.
    https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-r...acum-pump.html

Buba,
    2012 TDV8 Black Edition

5. Remove Advertisements
    Range Rovers Forum
    Advertisements

FRESHMAN ROVER

I was thinking of going that route with sucking it out and refilling but just seemed better and faster to let the pump do it, itís not difficult just a little messy but now the sound of the pump worries me a little and Iím not sure wether itís because of the oil as I didnít let the pump run dry. So just wondering if I should have gone with the oil thatís recommended in the manual or in time the noise goes away

SOPHOMORE ROVER

On my 01 Jag and my 13 HSE, I put in some Lucas Power Steering stop leak. Did a nice job of renewing some seals and vastly improved the power steering operation. Did the same on my wife's Maxima, but first sucked out the old fluid using the extractor I also use for changing the RRS' oil. Big improvement: many of those seals begin to harden over time, the Lucas helped.
    Cheers, Jim

2017 Lincoln Continental Select 2.7 AWD; 2013 RRSport HSE, 40000 miles (traded); 2001 Jaguar XJ8L X308 BRG 89000 miles (traded on RRS); 08 RRSport SC (sold); 08 LR 3 (traded); 05 LR 3 4.2 (traded); 04 BMW Z4 sold; 01 XJ8 anthracite (for LR 3); 98 Z3 (traded on Z4); 01 S-type 4.0 V8 (traded on XJ8; 99 323 IC (traded on S-type); 94 Deville traded; 88 325IS sold

FRESHMAN ROVER

For some reason ive been a little iffy using additives, some recommend it some say dont.i mean the steering feels perfect ,stiffens up when in dynamic mode and no issues except for the now occasional sequel of the pump. it sort of started improving so ill give it a few more days

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now